For all other Mail-related topics
:sunglasses: 56.3 % ❤ 3.1 % :thumbsup: 4.7 % 😯 3.1 % :grinning: 23.4 % 🙏 3.1 % 😟 1.6 % :cry: 1.6 % :shit: 3.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By AOB
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Those comments should go in a "The Strange Mind of a Mail Reader" thread. Both those people are getting themselves worked up by second guessing what nobody is thinking or saying. Both those people are the type that use fellow queuers in shops as a captive audience for their nonsensical conspiratorial observations of current affairs, acknowledged only by polite nods of heads that contain fervent wishes that the person getting served would hurry the fuck up.

By Bones McCoy
Meanwhile on BBC speke yore branez - a prophet "has a feeling" and addresses the nation.
I think this is going to be the 1918 style epidemic of our time myself, I've got a really bad feeling about this.
In a much more mobile and crowded world complicated by illegal movement of people it's bound get get well and truly out of the bag.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:47 pm
We're back to Fox again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51233734
In the light of evidence Fox has apologised for being an ignorant tit. What a liberal woke. No more slots on Julie Hartley-Brewer’s radio show for him for letting the side down.

By AOB
Andy McDandy wrote:Possibly because his acting gigs seem to be going more to that other long posh blond drink of water, James Norton, these days.
I'd guess Fox looks at Rupert Penry-Jones' career with a touch of envy. I've only ever seen Fox in Lewis and he just played himself, without the racism. Scriptwriters often write subconsciously around the actor which may explain why Hathaway was a supercilious cunt too.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:36 pm
Happy Chinese New Year, Larry! :P

Right, who's going to explain to me why the guy in the middle has his sergeant's stripes on upside down, US fashion, whereas the bloke on the left has British style stripes?
Boiler liked this

By Bones McCoy
The Red Arrow wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:55 am

Happy Australia Day, Larry!

Apparently, Tasmanian Aborigines fought and died with the ANZACS during WWI. For some reason, centred around or about 1905, debate rages as to whether they were full blooded.
Call that oppression.
Try going to Harrow when your dad doesn't own at least one London borough.
That's the white luvvie's burden.

By Bones McCoy
oboogie wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:23 am
The Red Arrow wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:36 pm
Happy Chinese New Year, Larry! :P

Right, who's going to explain to me why the guy in the middle has his sergeant's stripes on upside down, US fashion, whereas the bloke on the left has British style stripes?
Pure speculation here.
The upside down stripes guy looks to be wearing a cavalry tunic, though his legwear is infantry kit.

Possibility 1: These guys were issued basic kit buy their allies when they arrived in theatre, and the allies weren't too fussy about standardisation.

Possibility 2: He enlisted with a different arm-of service (Central Asia was pretty balkanised at this time and had some distinct horsey areas, while others were arable farm and merchant economies), and was re-assigned later.

By Bones McCoy
youngian wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:42 pm
Boiler wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:47 pm
We're back to Fox again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51233734
In the light of evidence Fox has apologised for being an ignorant tit. What a liberal woke. No more slots on Julie Hartley-Brewer’s radio show for him for letting the side down.
Evidence that "Yore not aloud to say wot yore thinking" more like.

By Malcolm Armsteen
The photograph shows members of the Chinese Labour Corps. No Chinese were allowed to join any other Imperial units, although some served in the French army. Employed purely as labourers and translators.

https://greatwarphotos.com/2012/01/03/c ... orps-1919/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Labour_Corps

I can't explain why the sergeant in the middle appears to be wearing an American uniform, however.
Last edited by Malcolm Armsteen on Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oboogie liked this

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Bones McCoy wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:19 pm
Pure speculation here.
The upside down stripes guy looks to be wearing a cavalry tunic, though his legwear is infantry kit.

Possibility 1: These guys were issued basic kit buy their allies when they arrived in theatre, and the allies weren't too fussy about standardisation.

Possibility 2: He enlisted with a different arm-of service (Central Asia was pretty balkanised at this time and had some distinct horsey areas, while others were arable farm and merchant economies), and was re-assigned later.
But being from a different arm of service doesn't explain the upside down stripes. Those are definitely US stripes, I can only think that he's an American seconded to the British army for some reason. I've seen photos from both World Wars of British troops training the US newcomers and, in WW1 the Americans were reliant upon the British and French for modern equipment for which they would require instruction.
Fox-like News?

Well, this'll 'please' a certain oft-quoted blogge[…]

Rishi Sunak

Surely, if you are playing by the rules, you sho[…]

The Tories, Generally

Most recent article I can find is dated 10/09, and[…]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

An analysis of two recent books describing the utt[…]