Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 30.3 % ❤ 2.2 % :thumbsup: 14.6 % 😯 4.5 % :grinning: 34.8 % 🧥 4.5 % 🙏 5.6 % 😟 2.2 % :cry: 1.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
Rebecca Long-Bailey broke Labour leadership rules but was cleared by Corbyn allies

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 00891.html
Ms Long-Bailey was investigated after breaching a ban on promoting campaigns to members using party data – an offence some Labour MPs viewed as potentially serious enough for her to be thrown out of the contest altogether. Instead, party officials – including leading figures in the Unite union, which backs the shadow business secretary – decided it was “reasonable” for candidates to contact their own local members.
oboogie liked this
Those bastards are trying to fix the election.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 00891.html
Rebecca Long-Bailey broke Labour leadership contest rules but was quietly cleared by Jeremy Corbyn’s allies who promptly rewrote them, The Independent can reveal.

The episode has triggered widespread anger among supporters of rival campaigns, who have accused the leader’s team of manipulating the race to rescue their favoured candidate.

Ms Long-Bailey was investigated after breaching a ban on promoting campaigns to members using party data – an offence some Labour MPs viewed as potentially serious enough for her to be thrown out of the contest altogether.

Instead, party officials – including leading figures in the Unite union, which backs the shadow business secretary – decided it was “reasonable” for candidates to contact their own local members.

“It’s clear the Labour Party is making it up as it goes along and deliberately engineering the rules in favour of a certain candidate,” alleged Wes Streeting, a supporter of Jess Phillips until she dropped out.
oboogie liked this
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:03 pm
Those bastards are trying to fix the election.
I eagerly await your describing of Starmer supporters in the same 'moderate' tone.

Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:28 pm
Starmer now over the 33 CLP threshold (35), RLB on 13.
Starmer is now up to 40 nominations following the latest updates.

The one thing which will still be giving RLB a lot of hope is the fact that many of her nominations so far have come from CLP's with, presumably, much bigger memberships i.e. the large city-based local parties such as Birmingham Hodge Hill, Leeds Central, Manchester Central etc.

Then again, the narrow nature of her success in Manchester Central suggests Starmer is still doing reasonably well in these areas too.
youngian wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:21 pm
decided it was “reasonable” for candidates to contact their own local members.

Sounds reasonable to me. Not exactly Robert Mugabe.
Indeed, I thought it was normal. It's having lists of members outside your constituency that's dodgy.
Boiler wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:59 pm
Where are you getting this info from, because it's certainly not reflected on the Labour Party website?
Labour List

https://labourlist.org
Arrowhead liked this
On whether Corbyn’s policies lost Labour the election: “That was virtually solely down to Brexit… Two years ago, Jeremy Corbyn was loved. What happened in the last two years? Brexit.” Added: “The policies that Labour stood for, and the policies that Rebecca Long-Bailey supports, are extremely popular amongst the electorate.”
Corbyn having of course remaining "loved" throughout those two years.

But, hey, Len, I think coping with things that happen is part of a leader's job?

By Boiler
Thanks, Malc. My CLP is nominating on the 3rd of February. I'm not eligible to vote but as I know the venue (it's but a few minutes' drive from here) I might offer the services of myself and 'The Panzer' for those who can't get there. It doesn't give me much time to fit ejector seats for anyone proposing to vote Long-Bailey/Burgon though.... :lol:
Boiler wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:30 pm
Thanks, Malc. My CLP is nominating on the 3rd of February. I'm not eligible to vote but as I know the venue (it's but a few minutes' drive from here) I might offer the services of myself and 'The Panzer' for those who can't get there. It doesn't give me much time to fit ejector seats for anyone proposing to vote Long-Bailey/Burgon though.... :lol:
A (relatively) simple solution - instead of the usual paper ballots, use electronic voting machines instead, configured so that anyone whom selects RLB immediately falls though a hidden trap door below them. :twisted:
Labour, Generally.

First CLP meeting back in the party. What a fecku[…]

The Biased BBC

Here's the link I got last week about being on the[…]

Such as this. https://twitter.com/robtownsend/sta[…]

The Sun

Also trending on Twatter: Yorkshire Tea FFS,[…]