•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Watchman wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:22 am
Am I missing them, but since last weekend's "freedom celebrations", they has been no items on our leaving The EU, no plethora of good news stories to keep the nations mood up. One can hope they've gone for quet reflection.....along the lines of "Oh Shit!"

News item I've seen since Friday include:
A majority of Scots polled want to end the British state.
Sinn Fein may hold the balance of power in the Dail.
Fishermen in Guernsey surrender to the French after a four day war of stupidity.
Johnson rebrands No Deal catastrophe as an 'Australia Deal' after discovering the EU is saying the same things as it has since 2016.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Watchman wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:49 pm
Not exactly positive, I must admit I was expecting a whole wave of "success" stories

There was the discarded war game plan from Nissan exploring a Lada* production model for the British market. Financial institutions setting up British offices is a bonus being touted by Brexiters.
* Nearly put Ford Holden but they now just seem to rebrand foreign cars.
That, and invoking the name of a favourite beat combo of mine*. Scumbags.

*The current incarnation doesn't even come close to the glory days, mind. Thinking about it, the pale imitation of someone else's act isn't a bad unintentional metaphor.
davidjay liked this

By Boiler
Abernathy wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:37 pm
And it's Paul Thomas shite on the front page and all.

Why is Brittania in bed with a couple of trombones?
She won't be able to play them with that mask on. Mind you... that's actually quite a good drawing of Sunak.

By Daley Mayle
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
As an aside, I've noticed that political cartoonists will distort and exaggerate facial features beyond grotesque yet when the politician is a person of colour* their treatment is much kinder.

* I believe 'person of colour' is the accepted way of describing someone who is not white. If this has changed within the last few weeks I apologise.
Boris Johnson

Out of ICU. Now what? Beatification, probably[…]

The Trump Presidency

Trump, in one of his infinite array of saying utte[…]

Alright you lot

Ever had a black pudding Scotch egg? I love i[…]

Round the Blogs

This is a quite brilliant and very interesting blo[…]