Area for all other political discussion
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
He's rebranding Brexit (and the reasons lots of people voted for it). It's true, there have been some promising shifts towards immigration in some polls, but does that stay around when people realize that there's still going to be a lot of immigration?

I see George has vaulted from Lexit to Kipperism there. He's quite the one for pulling different strands together- see also anti-imperialism and despotism.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:44 pm
Goodwin shown up by his former co-author. The exchange BTL suggests they won't be co-authoring much in the immediate future.

No they won't Ford at least shows he's not up Johnson's arse.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
I see George has vaulted from Lexit to Kipperism there. He's quite the one for pulling different strands together- see also anti-imperialism and despotism.

Good interview on Joe with Paul Mason talking about Lexiters like Galloway; they don’t want to do the heavy lifting in Labour heartlands on defence and security. Can Corbyn or Galloway be trusted to run the security services, army or the police to keep you safe? No but they’ll indulge voters about how Brussels bureaucrats and immigrants are bad so they think that will get them over the line.
Tubby Isaacs liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The Left generally can be some of the worst "populists" about. The amount of time I've wasted trying to explain the way rail works, for instance. Done far too much of that.

Jez to his immense credit didn't go there with "immigrants ruining your wages", one genuine slip aside talking about posted workers. But he doubtless knew he had a problem on Defence and hoped it would go away if he promised more big spending (paid for by somebody else).
spoonman liked this
Meanwhile, in Hungary...

https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/124463376365461[…]

C**t of the day

A few more contenders other than Tice in the origi[…]

Roll Call

Just had a call from mum's doctor saying they want[…]

The Trump Presidency

Donny Dumbass rides again. https://twitter.com[…]