Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 30.3 % ❤ 2.2 % :thumbsup: 14.6 % 😯 4.5 % :grinning: 34.8 % 🧥 4.5 % 🙏 5.6 % 😟 2.2 % :cry: 1.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
She's picked up our next-door CLP, where the most virulent of the Corbynistas hang out. Butler for Deputy.

139 plays 311.
Hmmmm. Looks like Sir Kier *might* be reaching out. One of those awful Corbynista sites I hang out at has suggested you might as well vote for RLB and get the real deal. These fine pundits seem to know what's best and are are quick out of the blocks to poo-poo him. Thoughts?

The Red Arrow wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:49 pm
Hmmmm. Looks like Sir Kier *might* be reaching out. One of those awful Corbynista sites I hang out at has suggested you might as well vote for RLB and get the real deal. These fine pundits seem to know what's best and are are quick out of the blocks to poo-poo him. Thoughts?

Perhaps these pundits prefer permanent opposition under RLB. Keir’s not risking moving a muscle anymore than Labour did in the GE1997 run up when all the pundits were saying Labour had the election in the bag. Scraping by wasn’t good enough and it won’t be for Starmer.
oboogie liked this
>assumes lecturer voice<

Keir Starmer is named after the Labour leader Keir Hardy. His name therefore takes the Scots spelling. Keir.
He was not given the Irish version of the name; Kier.

KEIR!

At ease.

Speaks a man who named his son Keir for the same reason and has spent the last 40 years making this point...
Timbo liked this
I don't really get the issue here. Some Lib-Lab types don't like some of Starmer's pledges, but probably want him to win any way?

I think "Corbynism without Corbyn" is a bad idea too. I'm just hoping Starmer can chuck a load of it out after the leadership election.
Starmer committing to abolish tuition fees seems to have set some of this off.

I can understand why he's done this, but he must know how expensive and regressive that is. Does he really want to go into an election with the Tories saying they'll give voters a tax cut and or spend it on vocational education?
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:48 pm
>assumes lecturer voice<

Keir Starmer is named after the Labour leader Keir Hardy. His name therefore takes the Scots spelling. Keir.
He was not given the Irish version of the name; Kier.

KEIR!

At ease.

Speaks a man who named his son Keir for the same reason and has spent the last 40 years making this point...
Like Keira Knightly without the A. When he was first elected Adam Boulton in an interview called him Keith.
I blame my spillchocker. :oops:
Arrowhead liked this
My own CLP nominated Lisa Nandy and Angela Rayner. My speech nominating Keir Starmer and Ian Murray went down well despite being hissed at one point because I mentioned the EHRC. Overall it was a positive meeting with little evidence for support of Corbynism.
Arrowhead, Abernathy, oboogie and 2 others liked this
On a Q&A with Murray I got quite a mouthful for suggesting it might not be a good idea backing Johnson in denying indyref2 if that’s what Holyrood has voted for. I like Murray but there’s so much emotional baggage battling the SNP it clouds his judgement.
Sundry far-right groups and parties.

It's as if it's all somehow linked... https://twi[…]

Meanwhile in Australia

Yes, I've seen one or two of those before and they[…]

Oh man, fucking hell. Well, I suppose Keir will[…]

Twat of the Day

"Thicky" Young covets the power and infl[…]