Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 41.2 % ❤ 2.5 % :thumbsup: 13.4 % 😯 4.2 % :grinning: 29.4 % 🧥 2.1 % 🙏 2.1 % 😟 0.8 % :cry: 3.4 % :shit: 0.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By KevS
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
So, basically we're heading for a cabinet consisting of Johnson & Cummings' boot licking entrouage. Deep joy.

I don't suppose there's any hope of Javid doing a Geoffrey Howe in the Commons in the next few days?

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
KevS wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:19 pm
I don't suppose there's any hope of Javid doing a Geoffrey Howe in the Commons in the next few days?
It'll be next week's fish and chip paper it if does.

Overseas aid goes to Anne-Marie Trevelyan. Isn't she mad as a bucket of frogs?

By Tubby Isaacs
youngian wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:06 pm
KevS wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:19 pm
It'll be next week's fish and chip paper it if does.

Overseas aid goes to Anne-Marie Trevelyan. Isn't she mad as a bucket of frogs?
She's got interesting views on overseas aid.

By randomelement
Membership Days Membership Days
So kids going hungry in this country, is due to giving aid to African countries and nothing to do with Universal Credit and austerity measures. Glad we got that straight.

By her own admission Anne-Marie is going to be a proponent of increasing benefits and help to those most in need of it. I'm not holding my breath

By The Red Arrow
Yet again, I ask you to consider the reaction of our free and fearless press if this was going down in South America or Eastern Europe. What words would they use to describe it?

The grip tightens: Javid resignation shows even scrutiny within govt is fading
The Supreme Court is clearly in their sights. So is the Human Rights Act, which provides individuals with protections from the state. And so is judicial review, the system which allows citizens to take ministers to court.

The judiciary, like the Treasury - and like the media, which is also under assault - are undermined because they can impose restraint on No.10. That, of course, is one of the foundational ideas of what constitutes a free society operating under the rule of law. It is now under attack. This is a domestic Brexit: the dismantling of institutions in favour of executive power.
https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2020/0 ... utiny-with

Edit: Yeah - here's hoping...
Hmm. Bearing in mind all the dubious things we all know Johnson has done, Cummings must have an absolute cracker to hold over him.
He knows something we don't beyond simply threatening journalists and pathological lying.
I hope so because I feel like these two clowns are going to fall out spectacularly at some point!
The Tories, Generally

Again Johnson’s catastrophic numbers are not[…]

Dominic Cummings

Release this to raise money for the #NHS !!! ht[…]

Boris Johnson

Well, I just booed for Boris. And I feel fine. :D

The Trump Presidency

Insane.