Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 60.2 % ❤ 1.5 % :thumbsup: 5.5 % 😯 1.8 % :grinning: 22.3 % 🧥 1 % 🙏 3 % 😟 1.3 % :cry: 2.5 % :shit: 1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
Samanfur wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:22 pm
Note Johnson's face at 0:58:

Unfortunately for Corbyn, the other key differences between a foreign criminal and Boris Johnson are that Johnson is a British citizen who has never (as far as I can glean) been convicted of anything.

Perhaps if Seumas did a little less coke and a little more fact checking....?
Last edited by oboogie on Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Also, the other problem is that nobody* cares. That's what Bannon and Cummings have tapped into, telling people that it's okay not to give a shit while this guy's in charge.

*Or at least, not enough people.
Boiler, oboogie, Samanfur and 1 others liked this

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
They don't make them like that anymore.
To think that 35 years ago I used think he went on a bit and wish he'd step up the pace.
I was wrong.
I can't think of any contemporary politician who can muster that kind of performance.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:12 am
A thing of beauty, this, from 4 years ago. Needless to say, he was right. With fucking knobs on.

One of many politicians who have aged into their Spitting Image puppet (Steve Coogan IIRC). Its a pity he overstayed his welcome like Corbyn when it was plain that Kinnock was a dud with voters.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:55 am
Abernathy wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:12 am
A thing of beauty, this, from 4 years ago. Needless to say, he was right. With fucking knobs on.

One of many politicians who have aged into their Spitting Image puppet (Steve Coogan IIRC). Its a pity he overstayed his welcome like Corbyn when it was plain that Kinnock was a dud with voters.
Although unlike Corbyn Kinnock actually gave the Tories a good run for their money.

By Malcolm Armsteen
I'm not sure how much of a dud Kinnock was. He certainly revitalised the membership (apart from Militant and assorted parasites) and increased the vote, and he essentially enabled the New Labour project, which, whatever the Corbynistas tell us, was a raging success.
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
I didn't dislike Kinnock. He took over a party that was a mess, got rid of the idiotic Derek Hatton element and got Labour well on the road to electability once again.
Malcolm Armsteen liked this

By Tubby Isaacs
Kinnock did sterling work, but they needed to do the same as the Tories and change leader. John Smith could have stepped up a couple of years earlier. Whoever you are, 9 years is a long time for the Government and media to line you up.
Last edited by Tubby Isaacs on Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Tubby Isaacs
oboogie wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:16 am
Samanfur wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:22 pm
Note Johnson's face at 0:58:

Unfortunately for Corbyn, the other key differences between a foreign criminal and Boris Johnson are that Johnson is a British citizen who has never (as far as I can glean) been convicted of anything.

Perhaps if Seumas did a little less coke and a little more fact checking....?
Yeah, I didn't think that stuff worked very well either. Not that I support that deportation shit, but as far as I can tell, Johnson could only have been convicted for possession. Anybody on the plane who that applies to?
oboogie liked this

By bluebellnutter
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:30 am
Perfect example of why his “on the right side of history” claim is bullshit. He *always* makes the same ‘decision’, meaning it’s no decision at all.
Exactly this. I maintain he got lucky with Iraq, he had no idea what was there or not. If the British army had found a chemical weapons dump on the outskirts of Basra he'd have been the guy who backed that dictator who gassed his own people over the innocent people they subjugated. Just like he was with Milosevic (now swept under the carpet).
oboogie liked this
By visage
Membership Days Posts
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:30 am
Perfect example of why his “on the right side of history” claim is bullshit. He *always* makes the same ‘decision’, meaning it’s no decision at all.
Yup. He's only been proved right because our record on intervention has been so poor, not because intervention is, per se, wrong.
youngian liked this
Masks

Just for balance from the same SYB: Screenshot_2[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Looks like Remoaners have been proved wrong. Somew[…]

Mark Francois MP

I'd have read the first line and wiped my arse on […]

The Tories, Generally

I think Simon Hoare is spot on. My wife has audite[…]