Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 30.5 % ❤ 1.9 % :thumbsup: 16.2 % 😯 4.8 % :grinning: 33.3 % 🧥 4.8 % 🙏 5.7 % 😟 1.9 % :cry: 1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

That 2015 "consultation" was laughed out of town as a joke. You want that brought back, with Labour in government?

And while there were arguments for and against that intervention, I'm not sure the state of Syria since screams "peace pledge" at me.

And hang on- I thought he was definitely offering a members' veto? Now he isn't?
oboogie liked this
Doubtless that couple are nice people. But what does "listening to them about Brexit" mean? RLB treated them gently but at the end of the day, she was "telling them they were wrong". Which I thought she wasn't supposed to be doing.

Labour didn't actually "tell them they were wrong" in the General Election either. But in a General Election, you don't get to hear a personal message from the party leader on her sofa. The party has to somehow craft a message via the media, much of which is hostile, with the Tory Party crafting it's own message that Labour "is telling you you're wrong".

So I'm not really sure what that video is supposed to demonstrate about RLB really.
RLB's brains trust are on the case.

So "let the members decide" means "tell the members if they don't want what the leader does, he walks out". Though it does sound like quite a good deal in this case.

I can't believe that they're still misleading about the membership's opinion on Brexit and pinning it on Starmer.
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:42 am
Keir I'm dissapointed

Another six weeks of this circus of ennui. Starmer is like Labour in 97 he’s taking no chances even if does almost have it in the bag. I’m not listening as this rubbish isn’t aimed at me but I get it.
Starmer’s gearing up for the Iowa caucus. Looks like one of Ken Livingstone’s (highly successful) mayoral rallies. Also bought to you by Simon and Kat (unrelated) Fletcher.
Last edited by youngian on Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
To be fair to Richard Burgon, he's doing an excellent job of proving team-RLB's point that merely sticking someone in a suit doesn't make them competent. He's always in a fairly nice suit yet he's utterly useless.
Abernathy, oboogie, mattomac liked this
If you have to have him in there (and here's a tip, you really, really fucking don't) then give him health. That way he's relatively out of the way but will definitely pay attention because it's something he genuinely cares about.
visage wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:35 am
Both Burgon and RLB suggesting JC would be in their Shadow Cabinet as Shadow Foreign Secretary.

Jez may be a useless leader but he still has that ace up his sleeve; Foreign affairs. McDonnell on Newsnight claimed Corbyn is an international relations expert. That kept me awake with the giggles.
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:29 pm
RLB's brains trust are on the case.

So "let the members decide" means "tell the members if they don't want what the leader does, he walks out". Though it does sound like quite a good deal in this case.

I can't believe that they're still misleading about the membership's opinion on Brexit and pinning it on Starmer.
Apologies for quoting my own post. But didn't the membership approve the Brexit policy at the conference? This rewriting of recent history is breathtaking.

You can argue whether a referendum was right or not. But if you think it was wrong, that means the people who got it right were Caroline Flint, Rosie Cooper, Ian Austin etc. I reckon if I time travel back I'll find Jez fans calling them "Tories".
Rishi Sunak

Chancellor Rishi 'Dishy' Sunak. https://www.dail[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Can only hope their share price has taken a hammer[…]

Reasonably epic Mail Fail

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/derbyshire […]

Roll Call

Ever been to the Mort Subite bar in Brussels? […]