Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 37.7 % ❤ 2.3 % :thumbsup: 16.2 % 😯 3.8 % :grinning: 29.2 % 🧥 3.8 % 🙏 4.6 % 😟 1.5 % :cry: 0.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
Face - > palm

(paywalled, but you get the gist)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/rebe ... -d72h9jfnt

Someone has lampooned this on Conservative Woman, but it's as funny as a Littlejohn column.
This is a truly epic work of horse shit and nonsense by Jones:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ce-members
One question haunts the party’s leadership race: whether contenders are only saying what members want to hear
I don't care if they say what members (read: O. Jones) want to hear. I care whether they listen when members say things like "back remain rather than your own hubristic project, please" and whether they say things that electorate will go "sounds good" and vote for.
They recognise that Labour’s membership has two priorities: to preserve the core policies of the Jeremy Corbyn era, and to defeat the Tories to secure power.
Well 1 out of 2 isn't bad. Though you'd have thought the runaway failure of RLB would give him a bit of an inkling that maybe the membership are a bit fed up of the relentless shitness of the chosen one.
Someone will surely have to be disappointed: the question is, who, and how quickly?
I'd be delighted if the someones in question were S. Milne, L. McCluskey and J. Corbyn, given their nonsense disappointed an entire fucking generation. And by disappointed I mean condemned to 5 years of racist bullshit from Johnson and Cummings.
Much depends on who Starmer appoints to his shadow cabinet, which remains entirely unclear.
Oh I *see*. It's a thinly veiled "unless you give RLB a plummy top job, you'll really regret it" threat. Or in the circumstances, plea.
If a rightward shift takes place, it would be self-defeating, leaving the new leader looking weak, unprincipled and cynical.
It would be LEFT-defeating. You know, the group who just delivered the worst result ever. Quite how decisively getting rid of people in the shadow cabinet who are there on basis of their ability to suck up rather than merit would make someone look weak is beyond me. Perhaps they should resort to backroom staff bullying and turning a blind eye to bigotry? That worked to make Corbyn look strong, didn't it? Oh wait, it didn't.
most Labour members remain convinced the party was correct to shift on Brexit
That's because they were. It's been shown with those pesky things called 'facts'.
if the Labour left is on the eve of losing power, its new role will be to organise to defend [corbyn's policies]. Long-Bailey’s campaign director, Jon Lansman, founded Momentum in the knowledge that it would be needed when the left no longer occupied the Labour leader’s office. That idea may soon be tested.
Well that should all be fine then, given what a fucking fantastic job they made of convincing everyone how great they were when they had the whole party's resources at their disposal. I can't imagine they'll have any trouble convincing folk that Corbyn's way is best when they have less resources, will be infighting to blame each other over why they failed/show how pure they were and why it wasn't their fault (because it never is), and don't have magic grandpa as a figurehead. Because he clearly can't wait to fuck off back to his allotment where he can grumble about Israel in borderline antisemitic ways without having to concern himself with being accountable for anything.

How long are we thinking it'll take Jones to totally change tack and back whoever is in charge after the results come in, by the way? Days? Hours?

Can't wait to read his inevitable Corbyn hatchet job.
Boiler, Cyclist, Abernathy liked this
How long are we thinking it'll take Jones to totally change tack and back whoever is in charge after the results come in, by the way? Days? Hours?

Can't wait to read his inevitable Corbyn hatchet job.

You’re assuming Owen will still have media outlets for his punditry. His stock along with Bastani’s blabber mouths will plummet once they have no connections to the Labour leadership.
Sure, Adonis is being silly here, but Burgon... He doesn't just talk in cliches. They're what he actually sees.

Some BTL make the obvious retort that Jez has jost lost 2.5 million between 2017 and 2019. As it happens that's not wildly different to the number of votes Labour put on between 1992 and 1997.
Timbo liked this
Novel theory from this chap. Labour lost a load of seats in 2015 because they got less than Tory/UKIP combined.

By this logic, I'm going to go through the 2017 Corbyn Triumph. If I see any seats where the Tory plus Lib Dem vote are more than Labour's, I'm going to clock them up as Labour losses.
oboogie, Timbo liked this
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:44 pm
Novel theory from this chap. Labour lost a load of seats in 2015 because they got less than Tory/UKIP combined.
I’ve had run ins with Mr Harding he’s nutty as squirrel’s shit. Total Jez cultist Lexit fanatic.
Laura’s had it with Jez for some time, passionately pro free movement and one of the main organisers of the Corbyny Remainers. I noticed Keir nicked their ‘another Europe is possible’ slogan for his ‘another future is possible.’ He has their votes in the bag and RLB hasn’t a cat in hells chance of wooing them.
That or eye on the main chance and keep in the loop.

Everyone wants to be on the other side of that door marked private.
youngian liked this
Andy McDandy wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:45 pm
That or eye on the main chance and keep in the loop.

Everyone wants to be on the other side of that door marked private.
I hope so as Corbynites have had a big problem understanding that you have to be a winner before you can command unity.
Boris Johnson

Absolutely nailed on for a conference speech com[…]

Roll Call

And another day... Mrs A pissed off because Neighb[…]

The Trump Presidency

Here we go. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-c[…]

Twat of the Day

Not just thick - "can't even spell 1690"[…]