Discussion of article from the Mail's columnists and RightMinds contributors
:sunglasses: 50.4 % ❤ 17.1 % :thumbsup: 8.1 % :grinning: 12.2 % 🧥 1.6 % 🙏 4.1 % 😟 5.7 % :cry: 0.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By AOB
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:46 pm
Wasn't Richard Burton's character in Villain based on Ronnie Kray?

Compared to the Sleb Villains, the Richardsons were far more frightening.
My take on it is that the Krays were about image, egging each other on (at least from Ronnie to Reg). I'm not convinced Reg would've become a lifetaker had it not been for Ronnie. He seemed more interested in business, mingling with the stars of the day. I'm uncomfortable with my own line of thought in this though, because it's like saying Hindley would not have killed without Brady. Ronnie without Reg would've been a killer, Brady without Hindley likewise. I'm doubtful that Hindley particularly would have been a killer had she not met Brady in her early life at work. It's very complex. She clearly had inherent evil in her that manifested in the dynamic she had with Brady, she was utterly consumed by him. He didn't give a toss about anyone other than himself, right up until he died, attention seeking all the way.
Boiler, Kreuzberger liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:46 pm
Wasn't Richard Burton's character in Villain based on Ronnie Kray?

Compared to the Sleb Villains, the Richardsons were far more frightening.
Played by Bros bro Luke Goss. Not as menacing as Burton but he’s alright in it. http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/2004/01/23/c ... view.shtml

By AOB
I've often wondered if there is a distinction between evil and mentally ill. Someone like Ian Brady would fall into both categories. Does everyone who commits evil fall into the latter, by proxy, because our society can't compute heinous crimes. Brady spent his last decades in Ashworth. I don't believe he was mentally ill, in the same way say Dennis Nielson was. Dennis needed companionship, held down a job with the civil service, and felt the best way to get company was by inviting young men to his home and killing them. He was articulate and understood his crimes. Brady knew what he had done and just did not give a fuck. He played the media like a fiddle right up to his last. I've read lots and studied lots about serial killers and Brady in my opinion is unparalleled in evil. I don't think he was mentally ill, but by proxy did the crimes he commit constitute him as mentally ill, or is that a get out clause?
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Boris.html

Floods and Bozo. Floods are all the fault of the lefties, Greens, and immigrunts. Not fair to blame politicians for natural disasters, look at what they did to poor Dubya after Katrina. Blair and Brown were shits, weren't they? Best he stays away. But he should show his face. But he shouldn't. Anyway, it's all the lefties' fault.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
It's clear Dickie hasn't kept up with current research. I thought one of Godfrey Bloom's mates had proven beyond all shadow of reasonable scientific doubt that floods happen because too much BUMSEX.
Abernathy liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
LJ illustrates what a bastard Blair is. Why statements of condolences are inappropriate to a death he doesn’t explain
This is a man, after all, who thought it appropriate to issue a statement of condolence on the day Frank Sinatra died

If I was victim of a disaster the last thing I’d want is Johnson ‘cheering me up.’ To be reminded he’s allegedly in charge is deeply depressing. So much so I’d rather Thatcher turn up. At least you knew she was.
By Andy McDandy
He runs a thin line over this - on the one hand he's quick to denounce any MP who tries to get down wiv da kidz, or show too much interest in popular culture, or lack of gravitas (because heaven forbid that MPs show an interest in anything); then he will lambast them for being out of touch and aloof. I think it's just basic misanthropy.
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... icken.html

In which Dickie uses his first hand experience of American food to convince us that everything will be alright. Complete with a dog whistle or two about hen cabins and kebab shops. Then a Kenny Everett reference.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
When Project Fear was in full swing, we were told that if we voted Leave and signed a trade deal with Washington, we'd all die of food poisoning. Now the objections have switched to animal welfare.

You can't reason with these people.

Yes you can just show and compare the data on food poisoning rates in the UK and the US. That’s the problem with pesky empiricists they look at evidence before drawing a conclusion. Or ‘too clever by half’ as Littlejohn would call them.
By satnav
The article is utter twaddle. At the moment this country has got some of the best food standards regulations in the world this means that it is relatively easy for British companies to export food products to the rest of Europe. As soon as we allow in chlorinated chicken we automatically lower our food standards and make it much harder to sell food items to EU countries.

A couple of years ago a company in the West Midlands was found to be selling chicken with the wrong date on the packaging. When the authorities were alerted to the problem production was immediately halted and it took over 6 months and numerous inspections before the factory was able to go back into full production. This shows how strict our food regulations are and why companies comply with regulations. In America there are very few regulations and very few inspectors.

By Kreuzberger
For context. We, as children, grew up with food poisoning being a fact of life. It happened at least once a year. You shat and shivered for a few days and then just got on with it.

My own offspring, aged 31 and 18, have never had food poisoning.
Roll Call

Just had a call from mum's doctor saying they wa[…]

Meanwhile, in Hungary...

https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/124463376365461[…]

C**t of the day

A few more contenders other than Tice in the origi[…]

The Trump Presidency

Donny Dumbass rides again. https://twitter.com[…]