Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 66.7 % :thumbsup: 5.6 % :grinning: 5.6 % 🙏 5.6 % :cry: 5.6 % :shit: 11.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Another little thing I've noticed about Patel that I find deeply irritating.

She has a speech tick that entails her dropping the "g" from present participles, so she says, for example, "chasin'", "makin' sure", "fuckin' the poor", "serious jockin' " and so on.

Listen to her being interviewed. It it anoys the fuck out of me, possibly just because it's her. And now it will you, too. ;-)

By Malcolm Armsteen
Abernathy wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:14 pm

She has a speech tick that entails her dropping the "g" from present participles, so she says, for example, "chasin'", "makin' sure", "fuckin' the poor", "serious jockin' " and so on.

Listen to her being interviewed. It it anoys the fuck out of me, possibly just because it's her. And now it will you, too. ;-)
We've noted that. Mrs A goes batshit over it.

By Abernathy
Boiler wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:44 pm
This is your retaliation for me pointin' out that many speakers on the Marconiphone start their sentences with 'So,' isn't it? :lol:
Nay, I'd already noticed that - and been fantastically irritated by it - Boiler, lad.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Abernathy wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:14 pm

Gangsta, Innit'.

By crabcakes_windermere
The Red Arrow wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:13 am
Of course, the Ma*l is on first name terms. Bonus right-coloured royal fawning, but I digress.
We're all suspects.
I suspect the first name thing is because if they put 'Patel", the vast majority of their aged, racist readership would be bewildered about why the front page was dedicated to the opinion of someone who ran a newsagents and read no further.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
New immigration measures announced today and its a gammon’s charter mainly aimed at people retired from the workforce. No one earning a salary of under £26,000 will be allowed in but they’ve placed in caveats like agriculture and probably anyone else who has a serious labour shortage. Enterprising skilled self employed aren’t the sort of people wanted in Brexit Britain either so they’re not coming in. And no coming over here to learn English as you won’t be allowed in. I don’t want a right wing nationalist government in Spain but if one does arise and bans Brits who don’t speak Spanish in order to secure Gibraltar you could only laugh. Even they probably wouldn’t be that stupid.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Nothing to edit out of this article from Ian Dunt and every paragraph is poignant enough for a pull quote
The end of free movement: This is a nation dismantling itself over nonsense
What we are losing is about so much more than money. It is about being open. It is about being a place that is confident enough to take in new arrivals. Being a place new arrivals might wish to come to. We've lost that confidence. We've lost the sense that difference is beautiful, both for what it accomplishes and in its own right. And we're replacing it with nationalism. That's what it is. Don't beat around the bush, or pretend it's anything other than it is. It is nationalism. The grimey pit representing all that's worst in political thought, the worship of uniformity, the desire to replace warm welcomes with borders and inspections.

We imagine we are restricting others, but in reality we are imprisoning ourselves. And not just because we are sabotaging our own economy. We are losing one of the greatest freedoms achieved in the history of humankind: the freedom to move. The freedom to decide that we will live somewhere else, without any bureaucrat or state official to get in our way. The freedom of the individual in space - one of the greatest accomplishments of the European project - is now barred for those of us on this island. http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2020/02 ... ing-itself

By KevS
She also had to defend her boss against charges of Racism, especially after this performance at The Brits last night.

I hadn't even heard of this guy until last night, and as far as I was concerned rapping is something you do with presents at Christmas, but this is magnificent.

youngian liked this

By Kreuzberger
These immigration proposals appear to be absolutely ruinous for individual businesses and the country as a whole.

Has anyone offered a reasoned and reasonable idea as to why this is being suggested? Generation Gammon are going to be the first (after the filthy immigrants) to be impacted so why would anyone even give this thought the time of day?

By cycloon
Kreuzberger wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:32 pm
These immigration proposals appear to be absolutely ruinous for individual businesses and the country as a whole.

Has anyone offered a reasoned and reasonable idea as to why this is being suggested? Generation Gammon are going to be the first (after the filthy immigrants) to be impacted so why would anyone even give this thought the time of day?
No, cos, somewhat ironically, one cannot say anything about immigration without starting from the 'it's terrible and to be avoided at all costs where possible' fundament.

Again, the conceit of the 'oppressed' is allowed to run riot, no questions asked.
The Sun

It's one of life's great ironies that the more pri[…]

Boris Johnson

Don't you think it's possible to educate people?[…]

Momentum

Well worth a read: https://medium.com/@d4nf0x/sta[…]

Roll Call

Lyrics from a popular Mancunian four-piece beat co[…]