Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 37.9 % ❤ 4.7 % :thumbsup: 9.8 % 😯 4.3 % :grinning: 35.3 % 🧥 0.9 % 🙏 0.4 % 😟 2.1 % :cry: 3.8 % :shit: 0.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I see he lives in Ironbridge, in the Telford constituency. Labour managed to keep the swing to the Tories down to 12% there.

I'm not an expert on flooding, but isn't there some sort of assessment somewhere of places that have been at risk. Couldn't somebody in Labour, instead of terrifying everybody with enormous billions, have put together a plan with some named places where they'd improve defences? Maybe they did, but they didn't make much of it, if so.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
I recall the last time there were villages flooded on the Somerset levels there tough decisions made to defend areas of high population rather than spend the budget on areas where few people lived.
All I can tell you from living in a part of the world that depends on flood defences for its existence is that if I’m flooded out we are really fucked.

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:13 pm
Couldn't somebody in Labour, instead of terrifying everybody with enormous billions, have put together a plan with some named places where they'd improve defences? Maybe they did, but they didn't make much of it, if so.

It was probably in the manifesto. Fucking everything else was.
mattomac liked this

By Boiler
Quite often one of my colleagues used to ask me to reduce my "Quick User Guides" to a single side of A4 "because nobody will read them otherwise". Which was quite a feat when it was something complex like the old Quantel picture stores.

But yes: the manifestation of "Britain Trump" continues.

Surely his "chicken feed" columns in the Torygraph ran to more than two sides of A4?

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
A dynamic leader should only have to read the punchy highlights instead of turgid civil servant documents. That’s because you’ve employed the smartest people in the room to fill you in sharpish. But Johnson has Raab, Braverman and David Frost on the payroll.

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:59 pm
A dynamic leader should only have to read the punchy highlights instead of turgid civil servant documents. That’s because you’ve employed the smartest people in the room to fill you in sharpish. But Johnson has Raab, Braverman and David Frost on the payroll.
Exactly, but the ones who are supposed to give "expert" analysis in terms of their brief, are only minded to keep their status and patronage, not serve their country
Rishi Sunak

The gammons must hate this country now, finding th[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Can only hope their share price has taken a hammer[…]

Reasonably epic Mail Fail

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/derbyshire […]

Roll Call

Ever been to the Mort Subite bar in Brussels? […]