Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 30.5 % ❤ 1.9 % :thumbsup: 16.2 % 😯 4.8 % :grinning: 33.3 % 🧥 4.8 % 🙏 5.7 % 😟 1.9 % :cry: 1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
oboogie wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:56 pm
I think Starmer's very wise to keep his powder dry until he's in post, I see nothing to be gained by scaring off the wavering Corbots, some of whom will be voting for him.
Starmer will also be dealing with a relatively hostile NEC, at least initially. If the influx of new members actually stick around long enough, then the numbers on the NEC should soon become more favourable.
oboogie liked this
Arrowhead wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:29 pm
oboogie wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:56 pm
I think Starmer's very wise to keep his powder dry until he's in post, I see nothing to be gained by scaring off the wavering Corbots, some of whom will be voting for him.
Starmer will also be dealing with a relatively hostile NEC, at least initially. If the influx of new members actually stick around long enough, then the numbers on the NEC should soon become more favourable.
If eitherJohanna Baxter and Gurinder Singh Josan or one of them gets elected that would be a real boost.

By Boiler
The one prospective candidate who has not contacted me via e-mail.

On a more positive note, I had a campaign e-mail from Sir Keir Starmer: it almost feels personal replying to the survey that clicks through and somehow I really don't want to say "you're the best chance Labour has of defeating the Tories, but I don't think you'll do it." :(
Boiler wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:16 pm
The one prospective candidate who has not contacted me via e-mail.

On a more positive note, I had a campaign e-mail from Sir Keir Starmer: it almost feels personal replying to the survey that clicks through and somehow I really don't want to say "you're the best chance Labour has of defeating the Tories, but I don't think you'll do it." :(
I take it ‘opt-out’ is Stalinist for No.
Hi, Richard Burgon here.

I've made 3 pledges to Labour members:

-Open Selections

-A New Clause IV to defend public ownership

-A Labour Peace Pledge

Will you be giving me your 1st or 2nd preference for Deputy Leader?

Reply 1 for 1st or 2 for 2nd preference.

STOP to opt-out

more info: vsms.co/64kw
Tubby Isaacs liked this
mattomac wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:12 am
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:05 pm
Oh man, fucking hell.

Well, I suppose Keir will know what to do when Jez and co pipe up.
I was going say, I feel they might regret this.
If New Labour had done soemthing like this then they would have hit the roof.
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:00 pm
RBL's backers are becoming increasingly desperate.

https://labourlist.org/2020/02/fbu-set- ... ip-rivals/
A read of the replies to the tweet embedded in that article - which is their first hatchet job, on Starmer - shows that this has almost universally backfired.
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Can only hope their share price has taken a hammer[…]

Reasonably epic Mail Fail

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/derbyshire […]

Roll Call

Ever been to the Mort Subite bar in Brussels? […]

Boris Johnson

That's one scary feed. Got to be a piss-taker, s[…]