•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
"Thicky" Young covets the power and influence that Dominic Cummings has.
Why do none of his old friends call any more.
Why did they all get girlfriends and jobs, leaving Toby without playdates.

Toby needs to show he's still relevant, edgy and fun.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Bones McCoy wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:33 pm
Toby needs to show he's still relevant, edgy and fun.
Assisted by - yes, you've guessed it, groovers - the BBC...

I note that the Turdmeister is now styling himself 'General Secretary of the Free Speech Union'. Taken from the Beeb's own Twitter handle, 'Our mission is to enrich your life and to inform, educate and entertain you, wherever you are.'

Could somebody explain to me what is enriching, informative, educational or entertaining about giving a platform to this profiteering prick?

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Responsible for? I genuinely don't think it is, no.

Twitter is just a platform which allows people to speak, often to far more people than they would in 'real life'. It doesn't create the standards. It may well reflect/amplify the decline in standards but it certainly doesn't create them, in my opinion.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
You haven't said anything that would risk you being nominated! Just having a fair discussion!

The tabloid media seem to have been testing the limits of what they can say and get away with for a while. The increasingly poor calibre of politicians who have failed to curb it, and even encouraged it. People in turn feeling more and more emboldened because they see high profile figures getting away with it and read it on a daily basis in their newspaper, or online which usually stems from a newspaper article.

That, and perhaps the 'peaks and troughs' nature of politics. We're currently going through a pretty nasty Right wing phase of politics. Maybe that will hit a certain point and then the adults in the room will start to realise things have gone too far and the pendulum starts to swing back a bit. Maybe.

Either way, the likes of Twitter gives a voice to those who perhaps shouldn't really have one but the those people already have the hate and virtol to spew, they just use Twitter to do so, rather than Twitter being the reason they harbour the hate and virtol.

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
The caption writer for this article.

I had to keep re-reading it to make sure it's not me being stupid but I believe the writer is genuinely claiming this impala is hiding in a tree to avoid leopards.

i1.JPG
i1.JPG (153.68 KiB) Viewed 719 times
I2.JPG
I2.JPG (168.47 KiB) Viewed 719 times

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Two things here:

1. Impala are not noted for their tree-climbing abilities

2, Any fule kno leopards (who are, like, totally cool, man) will drag a fresh kill up a tree to keep it out of the way of lions and hyenas.

It looks like somebody didn't pay attention when all them nature programmes was on. :roll:

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
So.
I'm outside the charity where Mrs A and I do Fridays, and I am the official tog. I'm photographing the new window display. This is me (18 stone) with full pro gear and a flashgun, sizing up the window for reflections, about to shoot and...

You guessed.
RCS_6273.jpeg
RCS_6273.jpeg (43.73 KiB) Viewed 574 times
WTF? Didn't you see me? He didn't react well to being called a fuckwit.
Jeremy Corbyn.

Christ almighty this article from Andrew Fisher is[…]

Roll Call

Two weeks ago our local hospital said that none […]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

You'd have to have a heart stone not to have a goo[…]

Michael Gove

We can hope.