Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 30.5 % ❤ 1.9 % :thumbsup: 16.2 % 😯 4.8 % :grinning: 33.3 % 🧥 4.8 % 🙏 5.7 % 😟 1.9 % :cry: 1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
The vote is quite split, I think we can take the 19% as those we often hear on social media but don’t reflect anything.

Consider everything that happened in 2016, and that is what he remembers.

He isn’t going be anyway loyal is he, I wonder if Starmer should give him a very small shadow cabinet role and then force things he doesn’t like on him. He will quit in a week.

Or maybe he won’t because you know the guy is probably spineless. I really want to see what he comes out with next, his ideas are utterly shocking and as for Tony Benn he wouldn’t have entertained the gobshite for a minute,
youngian wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:20 pm
as for Tony Benn he wouldn’t have entertained the gobshite for a minute

On the contrary, Burgon is just the sort of person Benn entertained.
Absouletly if Benn were alive today he'd probably be backing Burgon.
I won’t relax properly until it’s all done and Starmer is in post in case there’s some last minute wheeze Milne has cooked up to force RLB on us all. But this is bloody good news - if it comes to pass a round 1 win would leave no room for doubt or quibble, and the Corbynistas will have been thoroughly beaten at their own game. Which at least is consistent, as they’ve been beaten at every other game they’ve tried too.

By Boiler
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:12 pm
How much longer before this is over with and I don't have to hear from this myopic imbecile ever again? (My condolences to his constituents)
Just keep imagining he's Stan Smith of American Dad! fame and treat him accordingly.
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:54 pm
But this is bloody good news - if it comes to pass a round 1 win would leave no room for doubt or quibble, and the Corbynistas will have been thoroughly beaten at their own game. Which at least is consistent, as they’ve been beaten at every other game they’ve tried too.
Within the context of Corbyn's overwhelming victories in 2015 and 2016, Long-Bailey barely limping into the thirties percentage-wise would be an extremely bitter pill for the Corbynites to swallow. And it would also imply that it isn't just the new/rejoining members who are driving this sudden turnaround. The slow-motion damage inflicted during the 2018-2019 period of inertia continues to be misunderstood by the likes of Burgon, Pidcock and of course Corbyn himself.

I still think Long-Bailey will actually end up doing a lot better than many think, albeit without ever really threatening to win the contest. Once Nandy is eliminated, Starmer will presumably romp home in Round 2.
Kreuzberger liked this
Boiler wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:46 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:16 pm
Yougov reckon he'll come 2nd. Albeit very distant.
What? How?!
Fuck off Len.

https://labourlist.org/2020/02/len-mccl ... g-sources/
Unite the Union general secretary Len McCluskey has called on Rebecca Long-Bailey’s leadership rivals – Lisa Nandy and Keir Starmer – to reveal their campaign funding sources and boost “transparency”.

The appeal for candidates to disclose their financial backers comes after Long-Bailey published a donor list on her Labour leadership campaign website. It showed Unite and Momentum to be her biggest funders.

Speaking at the Oxford Union on Wednesday evening, McCluskey said: “This is the week where Labour members can start casting their votes for the next leader so it is vital that members have all the information they need to inform this vital decision.
Is Starmer’s secret funders all they have left in the tank?

How do you ‘Not go away’ when no one wants to talk to you apart from the Canary?
John McDonnell Says He's 'Not Going Away' As Poll Shows Starmer Set To Win Labour Leadership
Jeremy Corbyn allies tell left-wing members not to "sit back and cry" and "never apologise" for 2019 election manifesto. https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... 22ed7767a2
So we're now at "I have no evidence of anything, but here's an insinuation" from Len, JMcD is saying he's staying put despite the fact he is quite clearly not staying put, and they want no apologies from other people for their fuck-up. Which is enormously big of them, of course, to say other people need not apologise for something that wasn't their fault.
Diane [Abbott], I and Jeremy, keep on hearing these tributes on platforms and all the rest of it. It is like listening to your own obituary.
John, you wrote your own obituaries when you gifted Johnson a GE, fucked up tactically at every opportunity, then tried to pretend you won something and still think you deserve to have a say.
lord_kobel liked this
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Can only hope their share price has taken a hammer[…]

Reasonably epic Mail Fail

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/derbyshire […]

Roll Call

Ever been to the Mort Subite bar in Brussels? […]

Boris Johnson

That's one scary feed. Got to be a piss-taker, s[…]