Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 37.7 % ❤ 2.3 % :thumbsup: 16.2 % 😯 3.8 % :grinning: 29.2 % 🧥 3.8 % 🙏 4.6 % 😟 1.5 % :cry: 0.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
As much as it’s easy to laugh at Burgon - and it really is bloody easy - it’s worth remembering his stupid plan is the perfect example of why Corbyn’s labour lost. Because underneath it all, they all think that it’s a matter of education - that people are just too ill informed, too ignorant or too stupid to see what they see and believe what they believe. And of course that means they see themselves as special.

It’s why - consciously or not - Corbyn was front and centre in the GE and only too happy to go to areas where polling showed he wasn’t liked. Because they genuinely thought if people saw him enough that alone would change their minds. It’s absolute contempt. Burgon doesn’t want to educate people - he wants to re-educate them.
Abernathy, oboogie, Timbo liked this
Indeed. All Burgon's nutjobbery is targetted precisely and surgically at the Corbynite Tribe. It's remarkable that anyone at all is taking this witless buffoon even half-seriously, but if anybody ever would, it's The Cult.
mattomac, oboogie liked this
Got my voting email through. Delighted in adding RLB and Burgon multiple times, then removing them, then finally deliberately leaving them as the only options not selected at all in the hope that there's some sort of website tracking activity going on, and somewhere in Islington a miserable old man flanked by a woman with the world's smallest mouth (don't tell me I'm the only one who's noticed this) and a somehow sentient potato are gnashing their teeth at the information in realtime.

Yes, I'm a child.
oboogie, lord_kobel liked this
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:47 am
... flanked by a woman with the world's smallest mouth (don't tell me I'm the only one who's noticed this)...
Giggity!

(In before Abernathy)
If he wanted people to think for themselves politically, and look more at evidence and how that should drive policy, I’d be entirely for it. But he doesn’t want that in the slightest. What he wants is the mirror universe Eton - a production line for creating unthinking drones instilled with the belief what they believe is unquestionably superior. Albeit with slightly different software from the equally warped original.
mattomac, oboogie, Timbo liked this
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:18 pm
If he wanted people to think for themselves politically, and look more at evidence and how that should drive policy, I’d be entirely for it. But he doesn’t want that in the slightest. What he wants is the mirror universe Eton - a production line for creating unthinking drones instilled with the belief what they believe is unquestionably superior. Albeit with slightly different software from the equally warped original.
Yeah, proper political education would be good. Somebody explaining how rail actually worked, for instance. Or some people who know about tax properly.

But what he has in mind are a load of people who want to wank on about how they're right about everything.
Last edited by Tubby Isaacs on Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timbo liked this
a woman with the world's smallest mouth
Mrs A reckons she looks like one of those video mashups where they put a child's mouth onto an adult face to say something utterly fuckwitted.

Oh wait...
oboogie liked this
Boiler wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:31 pm
... flanked by a woman with the world's smallest mouth (don't tell me I'm the only one who's noticed this)...

Who has? :?:
I mean...sometimes it looks like she'd struggle to get an individual chocolate button in.

https://e3.365dm.com/20/01/768x432/skyn ... 0112100546
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:32 pm
I expected to get the NEC ballot with the leadership. But I didn't. Does anyone know the voting requirements and timetable? Considerable Googling has demonstrated that the Labour Party's ability to hide and obfuscate information is undiminished.
Malcolm it was on my list of things to vote for when I logged in.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:47 pm
I wonder if it is because I only rejoined in January?
It is. To vote in the NEC elections you need to have been a member for 6 months.
Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:54 pm
Boiler wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:31 pm

Who has? :?:
I mean...sometimes it looks like she'd struggle to get an individual chocolate button in.

https://e3.365dm.com/20/01/768x432/skyn ... 0112100546
I notice she's recently taken to appearing without her trademark Mrs Merton glasses - presumably because someone's told her they make her look like Mrs Merton.
This causes her to squint shortsightedly, meaning that she has the world's smallest eyes to go with her tiny mouth.
The combined effect is to make her face look startlingly featureless and empty, fittingly like her head.
The Trump Presidency

Trump, in one of his infinite array of saying utte[…]

Boris Johnson

Not Ben and Holly? https://i.ytimg.com/vi/qI7Z[…]

Alright you lot

Ever had a black pudding Scotch egg? I love i[…]

Round the Blogs

This is a quite brilliant and very interesting blo[…]