•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
I've been listening to a couple of albums from the 1970s in the car - the sound track to Car Wash and the Commodores' self-titled album from 1977. You hear "right on!" a few times in those.

Similarly, you'll hear reference to "cats in zoot suits" on a Louis Jordan recording from the US war years...

By MisterMuncher
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Daley Mayle wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:57 am
La Moir's article has to be a strong contender for the 2020 Whataboutery Award and she could use the occasion to rap out a groovy condemnation of child abuse.

Did she really say groovy? How 60s.
Saying "Groovy" is acceptable only whilst taking the piss or being Bruce Campbell.
lord_kobel liked this

By Safe_Timber_Man
Membership Days Posts
Outrageous hypocrisy here. Jan Moir, of the Daily fucking Mail, is upset because newspapers aren't being kind to politicians who's opinions they disagree with. Unbelievable.

Yet, far from being admired for her rigour, she has been pilloried and smeared. For her troubles, she has been labelled bossy, a bully, a madam.

This from her enemies within and without — and also by Left-wing newspapers sticking the boot in.

Honestly, I could hardly believe my eyes when I read their reports. A bully? That terrible insult that confers instant condemnation today for encroaching upon the mental health of others.

And for years we have been told that it is unforgivably sexist to call successful women ‘bossy’ or ‘bitchy’ — for aren’t they merely showing the kind of persistence and resolve that is so admired in successful men?

Erm...Meghan Markle?? Who's been called bossy numerous times by numerous Daily Mail columnists?! Get in the fucking bin.

JAN MOIR: Why is it OK to demean Priti Patel just because she's a Tory? At least she has vowed to get tough on terrorism and tame the Extinction Rebellion warriors
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... -Tory.html

Priti Patel has been Home Secretary for six months, almost to the day.

She seems to be tough and demanding, which is exactly what we want — well, it is certainly exactly what I want — from the person who wields the big stick in one of the great offices of State at this perilous juncture in our history.

She has announced 20,000 more police officers in her war against crime, she has been outspoken about terrorism and she has agreed that it was wrong for the police to stand by and do nothing when Extinction Rebellion protesters in Cambridge barricaded roads in the city and dug up the Trinity College lawns. More of this, please. Much, much more.

Just because these particular protesters — and others like them — are convinced of the moral superiority of their argument doesn’t mean that they should be allowed to impede law-abiding citizens from going about their daily business.

Or be left unhampered to commit criminal damage under the very nose of Plod.

How did we get to a point where they could? Thank goodness we seem to have a Home Secretary who wants to stop the rot at last.

Ms Patel has also shown her mettle by demanding to see a Home Office report into Asian grooming gangs, although the mandarins are so far resisting. This is another moral outrage.

It should not be within the power of the Civil Service to block access to such an important document.

Although I am sure we could all hazard a guess as to the basis of their reluctance — cultural sensitivities, of course. Meanwhile, the poor girls who suffered at the hands of these brutes have been failed yet again.

My point is that Priti Patel is to be commended for her determination to rock the boat; to reintroduce rigour and authority to a public realm currently fractured thanks to moral weakness and corroded by fashionable Lefty relativism.

Today, tragically, it is not the crime that has been committed but who commits that crime which is deemed to be all-important. Surely this has to end before the very concept of justice becomes diluted by doctrine?

Previous Home Secretaries, such as Sajid Javid, never showed much of an appetite for the fight.

Amber Rudd may have had good intentions, but she was vaporised by her officials for daring to criticise them.

Patel is the victim of vicious briefing — MI5 don’t trust her, she’s a witch who tried to sack someone on Christmas Eve!

But she is in there; focused, determined and demanding of the bloated, entitled bureaucracy she has inherited — one that has had its own way for far too long.

Yet, far from being admired for her rigour, she has been pilloried and smeared. For her troubles, she has been labelled bossy, a bully, a madam.

This from her enemies within and without — and also by Left-wing newspapers sticking the boot in.

Honestly, I could hardly believe my eyes when I read their reports. A bully? That terrible insult that confers instant condemnation today for encroaching upon the mental health of others. Straight in the bin for you, Miss Bully Boots.

And for years we have been told that it is unforgivably sexist to call successful women ‘bossy’ or ‘bitchy’ — for aren’t they merely showing the kind of persistence and resolve that is so admired in successful men?

Yet these cultural niceties never apply to Patel, who is constantly depicted as a scheming intruder who doesn’t understand the world she now inhabits. For her, there is no clemency. Absolutely none.

On his BBC show in September, even Andrew Marr accused Patel of smirking during a discussion about the impact of a no-deal Brexit.

‘I can’t see why you are laughing,’ he huffed, even though she was doing nothing of the sort.

Hard to imagine Marr deploying such impertinence if he were interviewing, say, Diane Abbott. (Who certainly might have been smirking aplenty.)

Yet the precise and stringent conventions about how to treat women and people of colour vanish when it comes to Priti, who seems to have an open-season target on her back. Why?

Because she is from the political Right. One news website has even accused her of being ‘used as a pawn in white supremacy’, which strips the Home Secretary of her intelligence and authority, reducing her to nothing more than her colour, which is perhaps the most racist thing ever. How insulting.

Meanwhile many commentators — including myself — have been wrongfully accused of racism for airing the slightest peep of criticism about the Duchess of Sussex and her extravagant Soho House ways.

However, different rules apply in this case. You can say anything you want about Priti Patel, for whom none of the safeguards of political correctness apply. She’s a Tory — so it doesn’t count!
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Priti Patel must be the first person to have been sacked from the cabinet for lying only to return a year later as Home Secretary. There is absolutely nothing in Patel's back story which suggests that she as the skills and experience necessary to be a competent Home Secretary.
The Trump Presidency

Trump, in one of his infinite array of saying utte[…]

Boris Johnson

Not Ben and Holly? https://i.ytimg.com/vi/qI7Z[…]

Alright you lot

Ever had a black pudding Scotch egg? I love i[…]

Round the Blogs

This is a quite brilliant and very interesting blo[…]