Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 36 % ❤ 1.3 % :thumbsup: 6.7 % 😯 4 % :grinning: 40 % 🧥 2.7 % 🙏 2 % 😟 2.7 % :cry: 4 % :shit: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Samanfur
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
He hasn't used that, but Kellyanne Conway has:
Donald Trump insists calling coronavirus ‘kung flu’ is not racist

Donald Trump insisted that calling the coronavirus the ‘kung flu’ was neither wrong not racist at a press conference Wednesday.

The President’s defense of the term came after a reporter challenged Trump about a White House staffer who reportedly called Covid-19 the ‘kung flu’ while chatting to an Asian reporter. Trump himself has repeatedly branded it the ‘Chinese virus,’ despite widespread criticism.

‘I wonder who said that (kung flu)…I think they probably would agree with it 100%. It comes from China,’ Trump said.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Kreuzberger wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:36 pm
TBH, I find it mildly amusing and quite witty. The racists who have co-opted it, no so much.
Mildly amusing, in a similar vein to my pal who calls his Krav-Maga "Jew-jitsu"
By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Arrowhead wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:07 am
The Red Arrow wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:59 am
I see the loathsome scrotum is now shamelessly masturbating in public about being a 'war president'. May your chosen deity help us all.
He's going to cancel the U.S. elections, isn't he? If he's really lucky, Ruth Bader Ginsburg will then kick the bucket and the good 'ol boys in the Senate will nod through the next Kavanaugh-like appointment to the Supreme Court, just to own the Libs.
Apparently he can’t, dunno who can, but if it’s Nancy Pelosi, good luck on that.

By Oblomov
Just heard him whining on the radio about not getting enough praise for turning down a presidential salary (whilst deflecting questions about whether his friends and family are going to benefit from the stimulus package)
oboogie liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Oblomov wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:57 pm
Just heard him whining on the radio about not getting enough praise for turning down a presidential salary (whilst deflecting questions about whether his friends and family are going to benefit from the stimulus package)
Too depressing to listen to Trump but I caught that. I thought his supporters hated a whining pussy bitch.

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
"In coronavirus tweet storm, Trump touts suspect ‘cure’ and potential easing of guidelines to boost economy

President Donald Trump on Monday unleashed a barrage of posts spreading conspiracy theories about the coronavirus, chastising the World Health Organization for its early messaging, attacking his political enemies and the media, and promoting a dubious article that suggested a miracle cure was at hand.

In more than a dozen tweets and retweets that started near midnight, the president signaled his anxiety about the economic toll the disease was wreaking on the American economy and suggested that he could ease up on 15-day guidelines the White House imposed a week ago. "

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/23/in-coro ... -cure.html
Roll Call

Fingers crossed, Kreuzy.

Daily Star front pages

Only just noticed the thought for the day at the t[…]

Michael Gove

Hard to divide and rule when we're all in it toget[…]

Meanwhile, in Hungary...

How long before Hungary changes their national ant[…]