Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 13.7 % ❤ 10.9 % :thumbsup: 5.1 % 😯 1.1 % :grinning: 8.6 % 🙏 7.4 % 😟 46.9 % :cry: 6.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I'm in!

Might be a plan for us to take particularly seriously this roll call thread. Many of us have known each other for years and are deeply worried about our comrades. ("Deeply worried", that's where I display my usually well-hidden capacity for understatement.)

*Nothing to do with the 'arra's above post. More a reflection on today's shared concern for @Boiler .

By Boiler
I'm still very wobbly mentally, even now. But I have had a pleasant hour out in the sun and in the garden, watering some of the pots and in the sort of thing only I would do, polishing up the rhodium-plated pillars that fix to a stand-off support for my vintage "Q" meter...

By spoonman
Membership Days Posts
Not much change in Spoony's back yard. I'm staying in. My main worry is that while my ill father is taking general precautions staying in, the other three in that household are still working in what would be classed as "essential" occupations, and that isolating him from them could prove impossible. He is due to go to Derry next week for some post-chemo cancer treatment and he'll likely be told to strictly self-isolate. I get the feeling that his best position will be to temporarily move in with me into my spare bedroom - though that'll involve moving a shit load of clutter to make it habitable. But at least since both of us are in the "vulnerable" category and essentially isolated from others, I re kon it would be for his best.

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
Sorry, I'm not the most emotional person, but I've been really touched at the kindness people on this forum show to others. It's made me realize I'm not very good at that sort of thing

By Oblomov
Cyclist wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:59 pm
bluebellnutter wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:38 pm
Moved out of my parents house last year to a flat. God I miss having a garden.
You can come and sort mine out if you like. I'll pass tea and biscuits out of the window, using an extending grippy-stick to maintain a safe distance.

A mild wet winter, coupled with my aversion to anything resembling work, has left it looking a tad untidy :oops:
Pity I wasn't able to visit my folks this Sunday just gone, I could have snapped their back garden and the rarely impressive case of neglect. Half of it looks tropical and like it has it's own microclimate, such is the overgrown vastness of it.
Malcolm Armsteen liked this

By Samanfur
I didn't make it into work. I got a text from my District Manager at 10:15pm asking me not to come in, and then a 'phone call later on saying that we'll be off work for three weeks.

By phil1979
Membership Days
Realised I've been lurking without posting much for ages, so thought I should check in. I'm fine - holed up with my wife and daughter. Main anxiety is my wife who is in 'at-risk' category, and there is very little we are able to do to distance ourselves from each other, so keeping ourselves to ourselves as a family as much as possible. Just finished our second day of home schooling and looking forward to virtual history, sweet-making and family Skyping time over the next couple of days. Glad to hear that everyone is still going.

By Kreuzberger
The British Midland lounge at Heathrow. Devilishly good looking, sexy A.F., but it is a wonder that they allowed him on to his presumably Jersey-bound flight.

To summarise; what a tragic waste.

By The Red Arrow
Kitted out in Athosesque costume by a sub-sect of the English Civil War Society who recognised a physical and facial resemblance, I was custodian of the very pistol he used in the musketeer fillums for a while. Such was the devotion to my craft, I became known as the Count de Laphroig. :wink:
Malcolm Armsteen, lambswool, Watchman and 1 others liked this
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Can only hope their share price has taken a hammer[…]

Reasonably epic Mail Fail

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/derbyshire […]

Roll Call

Ever been to the Mort Subite bar in Brussels? […]

Boris Johnson

That's one scary feed. Got to be a piss-taker, s[…]