Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 66.7 % ❤ 3 % :thumbsup: 6.1 % 😯 3 % :grinning: 3 % 🙏 3 % :cry: 9.1 % :shit: 6.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
davidjay wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:59 am
Kiss - possibly the most corporate band in history. The music comes a definite second place to the merchandising.
I can state with almost total certainty that Gene Simmons is a Trump supporter without even googling to check first.

By Watchman
Membership Days Posts
Patel, when pressed to apologise to NHS workers over a lack of personal protective equipment, couldn’t quite do it. She said:

I’m sorry if people feel that there have been failings.

After being asked twice if she would apologise to NHS staff and their families over the lack of “necessary PPE” that has been linked to NHS workers becoming infected and dying, she said:

I’ve been very clear in what I have said and I’m sorry that people feel that way.
Pritti Missing In Action actually took the briefing, of course nothing to do with recent criticism!..........but can't you just feel the sincerity oozing out of the above answer....NOT

By Timbo
"I'm sorry you feel that way" is worse than flat-out denying it. Way worse. It actively insults the listener. The thing is, I bet she thinks she was really clever in phrasing it that way. Isn't this the kind of crap that was the basis for 'political correctness' back in the day?

By Kreuzberger
Twitter does "outrage" particularly well. The mood this evening feels different.

This is real, genuine anger, and it seems like the Government is far from merely playing catch up. It is losing control.

By Boiler
Bones McCoy wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:32 pm
I didn't catch today's shitshow.

How were the optics of her smirking her way through 970 fatalities?
See for yourself.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-522576 ... says-patel

By Boiler
That was posted on a forum this morning in response to where some shining wit had opined "imagine if Labour had won, the situation was reversed and Diane Abbott was giving the numbers out"... :roll:

What worries me is that this will be ignored. As usual.

By Timbo
To be honest, it should be ignored. Picking on stuff like this was stupid and petty when it was done to Diane Abbott, and it's just as stupid when we do it back. It isn't going to give them a taste of their own medicine, it's just going to legitimise and normalise pettiness for both sides in future.

There is plenty of substantial stuff to go after Priti Patel for. Don't fight them in the sewer, they will always win.
Malcolm Armsteen, Cyclist, Watchman and 2 others liked this
The Trump Presidency

Note: Muriel Bowser is black. https://twitter.com[…]

Michael Gove

ahahahaa tossserrrrrr

Technical Support Issues - Post here

Drop box >shudders< Thanks for that. After […]

Sarah Vine aka Mrs Gove

*Insert popcorn gif here* Saturday, 30 May 2020 […]