Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 15 % ❤ 9.9 % :thumbsup: 3.5 % 😯 1.1 % :grinning: 10.2 % 🧥 0.1 % 🙏 8.1 % 😟 47.9 % :cry: 4.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Morning Ob, morning all. Still well, managed to get a delivery booked from Ocado for April 9 so we’re good for a few days yet. I’ve ordered an adapter to fit old Takumar (Pentax) lenses on my Nikon dslr. If it works I’ll put the pictures up. Stay safe everyone.
The Red Arrow, Cyclist, Boiler and 2 others liked this
By WTF?
Membership Days
Oblomov wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:27 am
Morning all.

The surgery on the cat was successful...

Yeaaah! A bit of good news, glad to hear it :D Might I suggest you shave the bugger? Save you a bloody fortune and it never did me any harm, as I mentioned to Lambswool a couple of pages back.

BTW, anyone up for a Mailwatch-End-O'-The -World-We've-All-Got-The-Plague virtual party this evening? Say about 1900 hours? BYOB and yer best YouTube links? I'll be here,and you're all more than welcome.

Stay safe, stay indoors and stay drunk.

Over and out.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Lunch has been partaken of. The washing brought in. I'm now sitting here scratching my head wondering where the hell I put those photos of Henlow Camp station*. I've received a facething notification to say I have been accepted into the Disused Stations group, and thought it would be nice to introduce myself by posting said pictures. But...

*Large format black and white prints, stamped on the back with
RAF Henlow Photography Department. 24 July 1966
It's amazing what you can find in junk shops. Now, if only I could remember where I put them :roll:
The Red Arrow, Boiler liked this

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
OL' RED IN OFF ARSE DOING SOMETHING SHOCKER!

Now then, where was I? Oh, yeah - sat on my arse painting...

Will shift to 'Hobbies and interests' as they come along.

By Boiler
Cyclist wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:38 pm
Lunch has been partaken of. The washing brought in. I'm now sitting here scratching my head wondering where the hell I put those photos of Henlow Camp station*. I've received a facething notification to say I have been accepted into the Disused Stations group, and thought it would be nice to introduce myself by posting said pictures. But...

*Large format black and white prints, stamped on the back with
RAF Henlow Photography Department. 24 July 1966
It's amazing what you can find in junk shops. Now, if only I could remember where I put them :roll:
For some years the branch from Hitchin to Henlow was served by the most superannuated locomotive imaginable - an LNER E4 (ex-GER T26) 2-4-0, no. 62785, dating from 1895. Thankfully it was preserved and now lives quietly tucked away at Bressingham.

Curiously, doing a search on BBC Genome revealed that a programme on the Home Service was broadcast in 12/1953 called "Railway Roundabout", presented by Robert Symes. I assume that's the chap we knew later as Symes-Schutz?

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Well, the afternoon hasn't been totally wasted. While the missing photos remain missing, I did find three Lowry prints I'd forgotten about, and my electronic Concise Oxford English Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia I've been looking for for over a year. On balance, I reckon that's a bit of a result.

Now, where did I put those bloody pictures?
Richard Littlejohn

In his gated community, with all the benefits of i[…]

The Tories, Generally

Ah, so NOW it makes sense. Muddled messaging = exc[…]

Masks

Listen carefully as I will say zis only once; Good[…]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

Posted without irony https://twitter.com/The_Swol[…]