•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Malcolm Armsteen
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ree-speech

Stewart Lee has it perfectly:
Toby Youngs is a tragic fly, floating on flimsy wings of unearned privilege and family connections, banging repeatedly into the same window pane of failure, all the while wishing he were the soaring eagle of legend, instead of something that vomits on to its own food and sucks it back up into its mouth.
Watchman, Oblomov liked this
By satnav
It looks like Toby is struggling with homeschooling because he tweeted earlier today suggesting that schools should re-open as soon as possible after the Easter holiday. How can somebody as clever and wise as Toby be finding homeschooling so difficult?

I wonder when he will get around to turning his garage into a Free school staffed by cheap immigrant labour and send the invoice to the Department of Education.

By KevS
Might I humbly suggest the fuckers stand at the door of the hastily equipped Nightingale Hospitals and broadcast these opinions if they're so damn sure about it?
Watchman, Oblomov liked this

By Kreuzberger
Young today, Tice yesterday, Pearson, Farage etc etc.

They are playing a game of bottom trumps for the hell of it (and to harvest account names on Twitter.)

By Oblomov
Boiler wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:44 pm

Christ, what a dreary podcast that must be to listen to a couple of washed-up contrarians wax lyrical about their salad days and spending the whole run time agreeing with each other.

By Kreuzberger
Christ on a ventilator. That cunt really is a case of the apple not falling far from the tree, rather it rolls down a steep hill, off the edge of a precipice, and right in to the gutter.

Hateful on steroids.
Oblomov liked this

By spoonman
"...and if some Tories die, so be it."

I'd say those funnelling his wingnut welfare stipend (most likely from the USA) are telling him to keep crackin' from home.
By satnav
I've noticed today that several editors of local newspapers have been tweeting explaining to readers that times are hard, sales are down and revenues are down. They have said to readers that if they want local journalism to survive they need to go out and buy their papers. This sounds like a very honest approach to the problem. On the other hand we have Toby Young and his mates at the Telegraph and Mail writing all kinds of nonsense to try to put pressure on the government to ease the lockdown as quickly as possible to ensure that people get back to work and start buying newspapers again.

I think the honest approach of local papers puts the Fleet Street journalists to shame.
spoonman, Boiler, The Red Arrow and 1 others liked this
Roll Call

There are also law clinics, which aren’t a b[…]

The Tories, Generally

Did he? I thought he didn’t do “gestur[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Tir on a toboggan! Have a read of this. htt[…]

Meanwhile in New Zealand

I'm no expert, but I think Jacina Ardern might jus[…]