Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 37.7 % ❤ 2.3 % :thumbsup: 16.2 % 😯 3.8 % :grinning: 29.2 % 🧥 3.8 % 🙏 4.6 % 😟 1.5 % :cry: 0.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
If Starmer wins he has a lot of time to fill in TV interviews to introduce himself to the public. He has to be seen to back the PM and find a constructive way to criticise like urging the government to trust the opposition and public by admitting mistakes. Statesman Starmer will have little time to deal with questions about a ruthless purge which hopefully begins on next week.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
I imagine many of them will leave anyway, on the basis that bullies don’t tend to thrive in environments where they can’t throw their weight around without consequences. Where’s the fun in e.g. posting blatantly obvious antisemitic memes if you’ll be immediately disciplined by a transparent, independent process rather than let off with a mild tap on the wrist and told not to be such a cheeky chops?
youngian, Cyclist, Timbo and 1 others liked this
I don't think all that many of the wrong uns will leave voluntarily. Some will actually be happier as a rump with no responsibility.

There's a much bigger group of Joined For Jez who are good people who might leave for the Green Party. This might be a better place for them. I'd like to see them leave on good terms and have constructive relations.
What is this? The Guess The Excuse round off They Think It's All Over?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... our-leader
An associate of Long-Bailey, a Corbyn supporter, said she had run a hard campaign, but conceded that Starmer’s had successfully targeted many of Labour’s “paper” members, who rarely attend meetings. “If we can push the contest to second preferences, that would be a reasonable achievement,” the associate said.
I'm assuming "paper" is a direct quote. It sounds like Angie Rayner successfully targeted paper members too. Actually, I gather lots of people who voted for Boris Johnson in the general election don't attend a lot of political meetings.
I wonder how many of those"paper" members used to attend meetings regularly, and only stopped when they'd heard a recently-joined ex-SWP tosser tell them to fuck off and join the Tories once too often?
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:59 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:10 pm
Some will actually be happier as a rump with no responsibility.
Or in the case of J. Corbyn, just going back to the role he enjoyed for many, many years.
Why do I get the feeling he's going to be a particular nuisance until he finally leaves parliament?
Jacob Rees-Mogg

........why deprive MPs who are not coming in[…]

The Trump Presidency

The only time I've ever seen her smile was when sh[…]

Roll Call

The gout I've had for the last few days has subsid[…]

Boris Johnson

You know we thought we couldn't be more fucked-ove[…]