Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 59.5 % ❤ 1.6 % :thumbsup: 5.4 % 😯 1.9 % :grinning: 22.6 % 🧥 1.1 % 🙏 3 % 😟 1.4 % :cry: 2.4 % :shit: 1.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
"Vision of a country that didn't scapegoat minorities..."

Unless, of course, those minorities were Jewish, or women, or Jewish women. Then it's a case of "Fill yer boots."

"Gentler, kinder society."
"He is too good for us."

I'd laugh, if I didn't know they were serious.

Fuck off you blind, stupid, closed-minded cunts.
Boiler, Oblomov liked this

By Boiler
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:12 pm
2 more days. 2 more days until functioning opposition returns.

Boris may want to self isolate for a while longer...
Ummmm, why? To attack Johnson now will merely draw opprobrium - "don't politicise this".

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Jez didn't invent stupidly long Labour leadership contests- see 2010, when Jez's group were not at all powerful. I don't think there was any malign intent in taking so long this time- I reckon he really expected to be in government anyway. But it's frustrating- something that could have been easily fixed that wasn't.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Christ almighty this article from Andrew Fisher is just awful apparently covid-19 proves Corbyn was right.

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/comment/cor ... ht-2526507
After four and a half turbulent years Jeremy Corbyn’s tenure as Labour leader will come to an end this week, with the country in the grip of its biggest crisis since the Second World War. It is a crisis that is already changing what is politically possible and that may change our country for years even after the initial health crisis subsides.

Much will be written about Corbyn’s perceived personal strengths or failings. But as his mentor Tony Benn relentlessly said, “policies not personalities”. This crisis is proving policies are more important, and proving Corbyn to have been right on so many of the policies he chose to highlight in his leadership.

First and foremost, it is clear that Corbyn was right when he said, from his 2015 leadership campaign onwards, “austerity is a political choice, not an economic necessity”. Even before the scale of the coronavirus outbreak had been accepted in 10 Downing Street, the spending taps had been turned on – with new Chancellor Rishi Sunak announcing bundles of cash that his own party had been denouncing when John McDonnell proposed them just three months earlier.

By Malcolm Armsteen
You all need to read the rest of that, it's the most egregious bollocks.

A bit about the author:

From Wikipedia

Andrew Fisher (born 1979) is a British political activist and author who was a senior policy adviser to the Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn, and was described as Corbyn's head of policy by some sources.

Early life
Fisher was educated at the private Brighton College Junior School and Brighton College Senior School, the latter for GCSEs. He sat A levels at Worthing sixth form college before gaining an MA in politics at Cambridge.

Professional career
He worked as a parliamentary researcher for six years, and was policy officer at the Public and Commercial Services (PCS) trade union. According to Labour List, in 2006 he co-founded the Left Economics Advisory Panel (LEAP), a body chaired by John McDonnell.
After Jeremy Corbyn became Leader of the Labour Party in September 2015, Fisher was appointed as an adviser. In November 2015, he was suspended from the Labour Party, following complaints from other Labour party members, for appearing to endorse a Class War candidate in the May 2015 general election. In a statement, Corbyn stated that he still had full confidence in him. Fisher apologised and said that he had been misinterpreted. His suspension was lifted by the Labour National Executive Committee later in the month, and he was issued with a warning.

On 21 September 2019 he announced that he was resigning before the end of the year to spend more time with his family. He had a key role in the party's campaign in the December General Election.
I thought that he and St Jezza of Arsesi had fallen out, partly because he said they had, and St Jez said they hadn't. So he's just a hard left arselicker.

By Oblomov
Cyclist wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:42 pm
"Vision of a country that didn't scapegoat minorities..."

Unless, of course, those minorities were Jewish, or women, or Jewish women. Then it's a case of "Fill yer boots."

"Gentler, kinder society."
"He is too good for us."

I'd laugh, if I didn't know they were serious.

Fuck off you blind, stupid, closed-minded cunts.
"For the many, now the jew" was my friend's mon bot.
Timbo liked this

By Andy McDandy
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:55 am

Why does he look like someone who's just been caught shoplifting a meal deal from tesco?
They always do look like rabbits caught in the headlights, don't they? Perhaps it's, as suggested elsewhere, because they suddenly realise it's not one massive game and that their actions have consequences.

There's a story by Stewart Lee about him bumping into Michael Gove in a motorway service station (the pair were contemporaries at Oxford, and later had some contact through Radio 4), and him saying that Gove looked utterly terrified of everything.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
They always do look like rabbits caught in the headlights, don't they? Perhaps it's, as suggested elsewhere, because they suddenly realise it's not one massive game and that their actions have consequences.

There's a story by Stewart Lee about him bumping into Michael Gove in a motorway service station (the pair were contemporaries at Oxford, and later had some contact through Radio 4), and him saying that Gove looked utterly terrified of everything.

Whereas John Major sleeps soundly even when Edwina ribbed him about the Cones Hotline.
Dominic Cummings

As I read it the geography teacher was acting with[…]

Labour, Generally.

Rosie Duffield: Is low profile and therefore eas[…]

Technical Support Issues - Post here

Cool. The service you get here is pretty first-r[…]

Meanwhile in America

What a bunch of twats. https://twitter.com/Selena[…]