Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 53.5 % ❤ 2.8 % :thumbsup: 16 % 😯 0.7 % :grinning: 22.9 % 🧥 1.4 % 🙏 0.7 % 😟 1.4 % :cry: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Membership Days Posts

Confirmed: I live in a universe totally divorced from that of Ms. Foster.
oboogie, Cyclist, youngian and 5 others liked this

By Arrowhead
Personally I would've kept Thornberry in position, especially with everything happening right now.

Interesting that Nick Brown stays in place as Opposition Chief Whip. His experience last year of dealing with the likes of Hoey, Mann, Onn, Campbell etc will be a useful rehearsal at keeping the new intake of snarky Corbynite MP's firmly in their place.

By Kreuzberger
Given her feather-weight replacement, I am astounded that Thornberry is out on her ear.

I can only assume, very much as an outsider, that Starmer is deep cleaning to the point of removing the stain of the WMV tweet. Perhaps others could elaborate.
oboogie liked this

By crabcakes_windermere
Kreuzberger wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:12 pm

Confirmed: I live in a universe totally divorced from that of Ms. Foster.
I disagree - Gardiner is a great performer. It’s just odd he doesn’t go for the red nose, wig and silly shoes of other clowns.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
I wouldn't worry about it TWA. I should think Starmer is already aware of what a colossal twat James A Smith is.

A quick Google threw up a load of articles he's written for the Independent. I picked one at random.
Keir Starmer is a bad choice for Labour – it’s just too easy for Boris Johnson to destroy his reputation
I haven't linked to it as I'm not sure you'd enjoy wading through this stinking pool of festering dribble. His other works are in much the same vein. James A Smith has become a total irrelevance, just like the former LOTO whose arse he kisses.

Ignore him. His time has gone. He will (eventuality) go away.

By Arrowhead
Cyclist wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:27 am
I wouldn't worry about it TWA. I should think Starmer is already aware of what a colossal twat James A Smith is.
I'd literally never even heard of James A Smith until these last couple of posts. Looks like I haven't been missing much!

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Lisa Nandy's earned a place at the top table and is a popular figure but from what I've heard from her on foreign affairs she has a lot of homework to do. My first pick from the old gang wouldn't be Rachel Reeves either given the erratic anti-immigrant rhetoric she indulged in post-Brexit. But she has a competent reputation, very bright and a safe pair of hands to shadow Gove. Overall Keir's done good to bring in new faces and hopefully can find posts for Cooper and Lammy for eg once the ship's secured. I have little idea who Thomas-Symonds and Torfaen are but I've been reading complimentary stuff from those who know them.
Roll Call

There are also law clinics, which aren’t a b[…]

The Tories, Generally

Did he? I thought he didn’t do “gestur[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Tir on a toboggan! Have a read of this. htt[…]

Meanwhile in New Zealand

I'm no expert, but I think Jacina Ardern might jus[…]