Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 47.4 % ❤ 3.3 % :thumbsup: 7.1 % 😯 3.5 % :grinning: 27.1 % 🧥 0.8 % 🙏 1 % 😟 6.1 % :cry: 3.1 % :shit: 0.4 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Zuriblue wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:19 pm
Timbo wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:17 pm
Whether you like him or not this is not good news.
Raab's on Amazon looking for a dual-saver on white persian cats and black leather chairs.
Cyclist, Zuriblue liked this

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Zuriblue wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:19 pm
Timbo wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:17 pm
Whether you like him or not this is not good news.
While wishing him all the best I’m starting to feel angry at Johnson and his father for their cavalier ‘I know better’ antics placing those around them at risk

By Oblomov
I was taking social isolation seriously and only going out when needed (and dressed in my silly looking sacrificial outer layers) and this has still rammed home to me how grave this is, hopefully the silly buggers (like Kyle fucking Walker) will heed this.

This has made a the mental health of a couple of my diabetic friends go into a tailspin :(
Tubby Isaacs liked this

By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
An exchange with my kid, who older Mailwatchers will remember literally crawled on his hands and knees from one side to the other of this virus to even get to the khazi, centres upon the knife-edge difference between sympathy and compassion.

In short, it is easy for me to play the "We Go High" card when I haven't been through what he has. On the other hand, it is fact that, in pursuing herd immunity, Johnson wished this upon you, my family, himself, and his loved ones. Everyone.

Hence, the raging debate this evening about sympathy and compassion.

By spoonman
Out of interest, if it came to the worst, the last UK Prime Minister to die in office was Henry John Temple aka 3rd Viscount Palmerston on 18th October 1865.

Despite his title, he served as an MP as he was not entitled to a seat in the Lords.
oboogie liked this

By Boiler
Duncan Smith was questioned about the herd immunity thing tonight. Apparently, it was a 'misunderstanding'.

Despite my loathing the Johnsons and everything they represent, I cannot find it in my heart to wish ill upon him as I see many in the Twittersphere are. I have seen the death of a loved one in an ICU at close proximity and I would not wish that upon anyone; I still bear the emotional scars now and will carry them to my own end.

How poisoned the chalice of Prime Minister has been for him.
spoonman, Timbo, youngian and 1 others liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:10 pm
Is this a common pattern? People get ill enough to know they have the virus, settle down in isolation and doubtless get a bit fed up. Then they get hit really hard.

A lot of people are going to be absolutely terrified.
Yes it is. If you are in ICU - 50% survival.
Yes I am.

By Boiler
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Is this a common pattern? People get ill enough to know they have the virus, settle down in isolation and doubtless get a bit fed up. Then they get hit really hard.

Only a small percentage end up in ICU. So far, no mention has been made of any breathing assistance being required but if he requires a ventilator it is an ICU procedure.

I've been seated in ICU too many times.

By Boiler
Stats here; https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51048366

I'm not going to reproduce them.

If he's receiving oxygen without a ventilator, that is reasonably good news. Now it will be a question of monitoring his vitals.

By spoonman
Tubby Isaacs wrote:

The grim irony of this is that it will be having an immeasurably bigger impact than government ministers, medical professionals, police etc. in telling those whom still haven't got the message to #staythefuckhome
oboogie liked this
Roll Call

Good morning, my lovelies. Another day waiting to[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Put them on the streets to enforce the law. Army[…]

The Trump Presidency

Yup. https://twitter.com/ABC/status/126720324002[…]

Dominic Cummings

https://scontent-zrh1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/100[…]