Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 16.4 % ❤ 10.7 % :thumbsup: 3 % 😯 1.3 % :grinning: 11.2 % 🧥 0.1 % 🙏 9 % 😟 44.1 % :cry: 4.2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
Here we are again. Mornin' all.

I am going to try and tackle some more of the kitchen-as-dustbin today. I'm debating whether or not to nip to the butchers for something nice to eat and the newsagent to buy a birthday card for my nephew.

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
What ho, groovers!

Making the most of quiet time before O.M.A surfaces (she's become a late retirer and riser), looking forward to burning good daylight. Tea bags, food and ciggie supplies more than adequate. No intention of venturing much further than hobby station today. Have received P- 45 from ex-employer as a reminder that sooner or later I'm going to have to rejoin the real world, but tbh a few weeks ago, I'd have paid to be expected to potter about here doing my own thing(s). Turkish family appear to be in the same boat as most of the world, although they seem to rely on music rather than dark humour as their main coping mechanism.

As ever, stay sane and stay safe, my lovelies.
Oblomov, Boiler, Cyclist and 2 others liked this
By WTF?
Membership Days
mr angry manchester wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:18 pm
Still working, out there, in defiance of the virus, heroically delivering...oil filters
Ambulances don't run (for long) without oil filters. Just sayin' :wink:

Just back from Tesco. Walked straight in to find pretty much everything I wanted. Sticking mainly to nuts, seeds and porridge oats these days. Put them in a food processor and turn them into a powder. 30g of cashews, 30g of pumpkin seeds and 30g of oats into a pint of milk gives you roughly 900 calories of good protein, carbs and fat. Three of those a day will keep you going and it's extremely long life. It's not exactly dining at the Ritz but there are plenty poor buggers would be glad of one of those per day. A passing Mod might like to stick that recipe into Culinary Clueless Corner :)

So, with the weekly shop out of the way all I need to do now is sit tight and see if any symptoms develop over the next seven days or so. Corona virus is the shittest lucky dip I've ever had the misfortune to take part in.

Stay healthy, everyone.
Oblomov, The Red Arrow, Kreuzberger and 4 others liked this

By The Red Arrow
Boiler wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:41 pm
Is your laptop still working, Arrer?
It is indeed, eternal thanks to you. :D
Tower unit, btw - kicked arse gaming graphics-wise a few years ago, chugs a little with latest releases. So many irreplaceable pics on hard drive - will be busy backing up very soon. Thought I'd lost them forever.

By Boiler
The Red Arrow wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:51 pm
Boiler wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:41 pm
Is your laptop still working, Arrer?
It is indeed, eternal thanks to you. :D
Tower unit, btw - kicked arse gaming graphics-wise a few years ago, chugs a little with latest releases. So many irreplaceable pics on hard drive - will be busy backing up very soon. Thought I'd lost them forever.
:D

Are you doing just a straight copy onto an external drive or using a backup program?

TBH you'd have had to have been very unlucky to have fried the hard drive,but it does happen: a mate of mine's machine failed in such a manner that it wouldn't boot Windows, (as did this machine, but it booted into Linux okay) but putting his drive onto an adaptor and mounting said drive in Linux on my laptop I was able to save all his pictures. This is why I have for many years, to the point of nausea, told people the most important thing they can do is back up their machines on a regular basis.

By Kreuzberger
Boiler wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:42 pm
This is why I have for many years, to the point of nausea, told people the most important thing they can do is back up their machines on a regular basis.
Not being backed up is digital skydiving without a parachute. You will eventually come down with a really nasty bump.

It's utter madness.
oboogie liked this

By The Red Arrow
Yes, kicking my own arse here, chaps. Not like it hasn't happened before. :oops:

Just bunging the pics and a few documents on to a USB storage thingy. I'd like to upgrade, but things being what they are, it's a pretty low priority. :)

By Snowflake
Actually managing fine, being retired anyway I'm finding lockdown little different to a normal day, with the exception that time has slowed down at lot so filling in time becomes a tad more challenging. Still, thank the lord for the internet, and absolutely not attempting anything that could potentially trash the computer again although getting a new one delivered doesn't seem impossible

Still loads of people and cars around and going past the house. My next door neighbour has making a grandstand job of painting her gate since about 10 o'clock this morning. :D

By Snowflake
Today has been really warm, and someone is now out very determinedly mowing the lawn at what seems an excessively high decibel level. People need to try and find some kind of outlet, as we are now only into lockdown week two and things could well become uncomfortable very quickly.

By MisterMuncher
Car insurance renewal pretty much the highlight of the day. It's well seen they're not entirely used to people having time to sort that sort of thing out, as I ended up at less than half the automatic renewal quote. From the same firm. I'm aware there's a bit of apathy tax on the automatic quote, but that's fucking ridiculous.
Cyclist, Boiler, spoonman liked this
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
And another day... Mrs A pissed off because Neighbours isn't on any more, son on Instagram for ages, seems to be a girl in his class he's taken a liking to. Starting young at 13!

Me out in the big bad world again, today it was bog rolls and brake discs, they're as heavy as shit...

High point, golden hour on local radio station was 1976, for 60 glorious minutes I was 16 again.....
The Red Arrow, Kreuzberger, Cyclist and 1 others liked this
By WTF?
Membership Days
mr angry manchester wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:59 pm
High point, golden hour on local radio station was 1976, for 60 glorious minutes I was 16 again.....
Ahh, 1976. What a summer that was. You could leave your door unlocked...there were no pandemics. Make of that what you will.

If you're coming over here, Anglo Saxons... :D
Roll Call

Good morning, my lovelies. Another day waiting to[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Put them on the streets to enforce the law. Army[…]

The Trump Presidency

Yup. https://twitter.com/ABC/status/126720324002[…]

Dominic Cummings

https://scontent-zrh1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/100[…]