Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 16.3 % ❤ 10.6 % :thumbsup: 3 % 😯 1.3 % :grinning: 11.4 % 🧥 0.1 % 🙏 8.9 % 😟 44.3 % :cry: 4.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Snowflake
mr angry manchester wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:59 pm

High point, golden hour on local radio station was 1976, for 60 glorious minutes I was 16 again.....
Almost.

Play it cool don't get angry count up to ten. :D
The Red Arrow liked this

By Snowflake
Things are a lot calmer here at the moment, certainly less traffic noise than is often the case even at this time of the morning. As for people being out and the apparent increased level of hyper activity yesterday, maybe that can be put down to the pink moon rather than going a bit stir crazy over lockdown.

Lets see how the day unfolds.

By Snowflake
Boiler wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:28 am
Morning all. Going back to sleep now (I hope) - nasty little incident last night but now recovered: I will explain later.
I'm hearing the EastEnders closing theme tune. Glad you have recovered, and hope it wasn't very serious.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Mornin' all. It felt weird, yet wonderful, to be getting up at 10 past 7 on a Thursday. Such lie-ins usually only occur at weekends. Shopping is done. I suppose I'd better attack the garden while I can. It looks like the weather is on the turn.
Attachments
IMG_20200409_082345356.jpg
IMG_20200409_082345356.jpg (176.48 KiB) Viewed 423 times

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
'Morning, groovers!

Bright and hazy here, reckon the sun will soon burn that off. Birdsong at the back door. Early start getting a kit ready for first coat of paint. Radio 3 has replaced tv for background noise, and a lot more agreeable it is too. I think a cup of tea and a sausage-based breakfast is in order.

Stay sane, stay safe, my lovelies.
Snowflake, Malcolm Armsteen, Boiler and 3 others liked this

By Boiler
Snowflake wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:22 am
Boiler wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:28 am
Morning all. Going back to sleep now (I hope) - nasty little incident last night but now recovered: I will explain later.
I'm hearing the EastEnders closing theme tune. Glad you have recovered, and hope it wasn't very serious.
I think it was just a reoccurrence of something I had a few years ago, which admittedly hospitalised me but then after a while, I was discharged with a clean(ish) bill of health after a few hours' rest (and lots of tests) in A&E. "Might have been a vasovagal incident", I was told.

By Boiler
The Red Arrow wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:58 am
'Morning, groovers!

Bright and hazy here, reckon the sun will soon burn that off. Birdsong at the back door. Early start getting a kit ready for first coat of paint. Radio 3 has replaced tv for background noise, and a lot more agreeable it is too. I think a cup of tea and a sausage-based breakfast is in order.

Stay sane, stay safe, my lovelies.
This talk of sausages will not do, because now I will have to buy some. And a pie. And some cheese. In some ways it's good I haven't got a working fridge, because it would be full of tasty pork products from the local butchers.

R3 replaced R4 here a week or two ago, except for The Daily Service on friendly-sounding Long Wave and It's A Fair Cop on Friday morning.
The Red Arrow, Cyclist liked this

By Oblomov
Afternoon all. Wasted all morning on a hellish top up shopping trip, not helped by poor list making and communication by Oblomova. Returned to find I'm well behind on my work for today and I'm in a crap mood so won't post much. Might have calmed down by the evening.

Hope everyone is having a better day than I am.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
I've just given the weed patch its first haircut of the year. I may have mentioned my front garden is a sun trap. I wasn't kidding. I'm absolutely saturated. It's time to sit on the doorstep with a mug of Harrogate's finest, then I'll have a shower.

It's not fair. I'm supposed to be on holiday. Why am I working so hard!
The Red Arrow, Oblomov liked this

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:28 pm
Get some bloody plastic out! :P
I did that in the convenience store this morning. £29.02.

The inner Yorkshireman is still sobbing.

Oh! *That* kind of plastic. I thought I'd get the jobs out of the way first.

By slilley
Membership Days
Well, had the phone call this morning from my manager saying im getting furloughed from next Friday. Gives me a week to try to get everything done that I can. Not suprised but disappointed as I have been pretty busy this week. As busy as if I were in the office. Oh well, if the proofs come for my next book whilst I am furloughed I can deal with them no problems.
Jacob Rees-Mogg

https://mobile.twitter.com/SimonPease1/status/1267[…]

The Trump Presidency

The only time I've ever seen her smile was when sh[…]

Roll Call

The gout I've had for the last few days has subsid[…]

Boris Johnson

You know we thought we couldn't be more fucked-ove[…]