Political talk from outside of the UK
:sunglasses: 21.4 % :thumbsup: 25 % 😯 3.6 % :grinning: 10.7 % 🙏 7.1 % 😟 17.9 % :cry: 14.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I bet and won quite high on Trump, polling like this wasn’t showing up in what you would think is safe country.

You know how bad it is by how more unhinged he gets, everything he now comes out with is China. He was rising comfortably to reelection in January when the Democrats were fucking about with the polling and looking like an absolute car crash.

A long way to go and Cornovirus will play its part in this one way or another. Crisis in America can change presidents probably more than anywhere. Like our pro anti-lockdown lot, by backing them I think he nailed the coffin shut. The tossers on the street won’t win him the election, it’s those fearful at home, looking for something that can hold too and runs straight through his voter base of 2016.
Schmee, Arrowhead liked this
By mattomac
People vote with their wallets but also would like to stay alive, have a look at the age profile of these lockdown protests, some demographic missing totally in age groups and they went high.

The attempt to embroil Biden in some minor scandal and claim it’s worse than Watergate is amusing. I think most people think Trump is corrupt so again it doesn’t really help him.

His full of bullshit won him the last election, and the fact no one liked Hilary.

By Zuriblue
Membership Days Posts
The suspense is over but I must say that I'm shocked.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... ssion=true

By spoonman
Zuriblue wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 9:13 am
The suspense is over but I must say that I'm shocked.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... ssion=true
recycleKKK.gif
recycleKKK.gif (156.14 KiB) Viewed 490 times

By Tubby Isaacs
Some not very good polls for the Republicans from Arizona.

McSally is the sort of regular person who's been appointed to the US Senate by the Governor of Arizona twice. She had a crack at election in 2018, and lost. She's not looking too clever this time either. She won't lose by 13 points but the Democrats have chosen their candidate well, an ex-astronaut and Gulf War veteran. He came into politics after his this happened to his wife:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Tucson_shooting
On January 8, 2011, U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords and eighteen others were shot during a constituent meeting held in a supermarket parking lot in Casas Adobes, Arizona, in the Tucson metropolitan area. Six people died, including federal District Court Chief Judge John Roll; Gabe Zimmerman, one of Giffords' staffers; and a nine-year-old girl, Christina-Taylor Green.[7][8][9][10][11] Giffords was holding the meeting, called "Congress on Your Corner", in the parking lot of a Safeway store when Jared Lee Loughner drew a pistol and shot her in the head before proceeding to fire on other people.[8][9] One additional person was injured in the immediate aftermath of the shooting.[12] News reports identified the target of the attack to be Giffords, a Democrat representing Arizona's 8th congressional district.[8] She was shot through the head at point-blank range, and her medical condition was initially described as "critical"
The Republicans also have this racist crank threatening to run for election downballot in Arizona again, and inspire Hispanics to show for the Democrats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio
The U.S. Department of Justice concluded that Arpaio oversaw the worst pattern of racial profiling in U.S. history, and subsequently filed suit against him for unlawful discriminatory police conduct.[10][11][12][13] Arpaio and the MCSO were named as defendants in dozens of civil lawsuits brought by citizens arrested by Arpaio and his deputies alleging wrongful arrest, wrongful death, entrapment and other claims, costing taxpayers in Maricopa County over $140 million in litigation against Arpaio during his tenure as sheriff.[14]
He was also a birther and got pardoned by Trump for contempt of court.
Arrowhead liked this

By Samanfur
Biden: ‘If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t black’

Former Vice President Joe Biden told a popular black radio personality Thursday that he “ain’t black” if he was still weighing whether to support President Donald Trump in November’s general election — provoking outrage from the White House's Republican allies and inducing queasiness among even some Democratic operatives.
Charlamagne explained that “it don’t have nothing to do with Trump, it has to do with the fact [that] I want something for my community.” But Biden remained adamant in promoting what he described as a career of public service devoted to advancing civil rights.

“Take a look at my record, man! I extended the Voting Rights [Act] 25 years. I have a record that is second-to-none,” he said. “The NAACP’s endorsed me every time I’ve run. I mean, come on. Take a look at the record.”

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:18 pm
Give it time.
Oh he will. I was wondering if he was aware of the updates on the story she's been exposed as a fraud and a liar and her story about what's happened seems to have changed over time.

By Samanfur
The "I was only joking!" defence:
Black Voters Who Support Trump 'Ain't Black,' Joe Biden Tells Charlamagne Tha God (UPDATE: Biden Apologizes)

Joe Biden sought to defend his Washington record on a wide range of issues in an interview Friday with New York radio host Charlamagne tha God before joking at the end: “If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or Trump, then you ain’t Black.”

The comment provoked immediate backlash, prompting the former vice president to apologize for the “really unfortunate” remark later Friday on a phone call with the U.S. Black Chamber of Commerce.

“I shouldn’t have been such a wise guy,” Biden said. “I shouldn’t have been so cavalier.”

“No one should have to vote for any party based on their race, their religion, their background,” he added.
US election 2020

How long have we known that locking people up for […]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

This is disappointingly poor from Oborne. Most o[…]

Labour, Generally.

What I don't get is Gardiner is not, on paper, u[…]

Tony Blair (more Marmite than Messiah)

https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1268809231223[…]