Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 57.7 % ❤ 2.4 % :thumbsup: 4.1 % 😯 4.1 % :grinning: 26 % 🙏 2.4 % 😟 1.6 % :cry: 1.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By bluebellnutter
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Oblomov wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:30 pm
If PMQs were happening on Wednesday, would it be worth Starmer’s while to mention this or is it too nascent and abstract?
Probably some questions about buses which need asking first.
mattomac, Oblomov liked this

By Kreuzberger
Kuenssberg this morning dropped the tidbit about Number 10 having been central to the cover-up. That is what widens the scope of the wrong-doing; it moves it on from rogue behaviour to orchestration.

Hell hath no fury, eh?

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 4:43 pm
Just saw a snippet of the BBC24 news - they were not taking prisoners.
Once the press sense a scalp they'll be on it like a dog on a bone.
The backbench revolt over NHS charges last week may have emboldened a few.

I had a quick snoop onto Conservative home where 60% of comments are the usual "Perfectly normal, fuss about nothing" variety.
The rest were unexpectedly hostile toward the chief advisor.

As for Starmer, I feel this is one little event to bank for later times.
Gollum's growing increasingly arrogant, and when he crosses a red line, Starmer's the sort of chap to unearth lengthy charge sheet.
oboogie, Oblomov liked this

By Malcolm Armsteen
Bones McCoy wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:05 pm

Gollum's growing increasingly arrogant, and when he crosses a red line, Starmer's the sort of chap to unearth lengthy charge sheet.
Quite agree, now that there are people on the shadow front bench capable of heading this up whilst Starmer seems to be keeping aloof from the nasty politics, but is in fact keeping his powder bone dry.

By bluebellnutter
Bones McCoy wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:05 pm
I agree. Let his team talk about it for now, blindside Johnson with something else at PMQs (maybe drop something in for the final question which sounds innocent like "when did your team stop disobeying lockdown rules" which Johnson won't be able to answer easily.

By Kreuzberger
A stalking horse - Nick Thomas-Symonds, perhaps - to urgently demand a recall of parliament so as to "clarify the rules" in a pandemic which is decimating a generation?

That would force the hands of Johnson which he can no longer sit on.
By satnav
The BBC news channel had Dan Hodges on trying to defend Cummings it didn't go well for Dan especially has he was up against a proper journalist from the Guardian who had clearly done her research. Dan tried to argue that the afternoon press conference had drawn a line on the issue. The fact that Dan is now trending on Twitter with many people calling him a dickhead would suggest that people aren't buying his spin.
Oblomov liked this
The Trump Presidency

I wonder if we're starting to see the USA, at leas[…]

Michael Gove

Sarah Vine's next column might actually be worth a[…]

Roll Call

Afternoon all, Beautiful day. Tempted to go for a[…]

Labour, Generally.

It's no good. Been watching the BBC Parliament Cha[…]