Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 53.6 % ❤ 2.1 % :thumbsup: 5.7 % 😯 3.6 % :grinning: 28.6 % 🙏 2.1 % 😟 1.4 % :cry: 2.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Apparently Grant Shapps is meant to be on Sky News tomorrow to defend Cummings, Sophie Ridge has taken the unusual step of sending him a list of questions she is going to ask him so that he doesn't have the option of claiming that he doesn't have the relevant information to answer the question. I think I will have to go out and stock up on popcorn.
oboogie liked this

By crabcakes_windermere
satnav wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:08 pm
The new revelations surely mean that Cummings is toast but it gives all the ministers who have publicly backed him today a get out of jail card because they can argue that he kept them in the dark about the subsequent visit.
This is where it could get interesting. If they were in the dark then he’s fucked them all over and they’ll all be wanting revenge. If they knew, then when he gets the boot he’s such a spiteful shit that I expect it will be leaked that they lied about not knowing.

Either way, this might be the beginning of the end for Johnson as well.
oboogie, Oblomov liked this

By Boiler
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:48 pm
This is where it could get interesting. If they were in the dark then he’s fucked them all over and they’ll all be wanting revenge. If they knew, then when he gets the boot he’s such a spiteful shit that I expect it will be leaked that they lied about not knowing.

Either way, this might be the beginning of the end for Johnson as well.

By crabcakes_windermere
Boiler wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:02 pm
You'd like to think that... I'll wager ten bob he's still in post by this time next week.
You know what? I hope he is. People are absolutely fucking furious about this. If Johnson really is so spineless that he still does nothing after most of the cabinet have shat the bed in defending him only for all their claims to be demolished just hours later, it’s going to hang around their necks like a millstone. He was off sightseeing and visiting his folks while people were having Skype funerals so they could stick to the rules, and grandparents have not seen their kids for months. That is not going away, and his presence is going to be a constant reminder of it.
mattomac, Arrowhead, oboogie and 1 others liked this
Piers Morgan

GMB is on ITV. They only made one fine comedy Ri[…]

Boris Johnson

C) He'll clutch at any straw which might provide a[…]

Andrea Leadsom

Fair point well made, both

Meanwhile in America

Bearing in mind that the U.S. police seem to be on[…]