Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 53.6 % ❤ 2 % :thumbsup: 6 % 😯 3.3 % :grinning: 28.5 % 🙏 2 % 😟 1.3 % :cry: 3.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:21 pm
MisterMuncher wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:14 pm
The Mail's come out strongly against.

Wonder how the Sun is leaning?
Still on board, but notably not cheerleading.

The Telegraph (unsurprisingly) is the only one trying to pretend it’s all fine.
I stand corrected - the Telegraph *headline* gives this impression. The actual article is very critical. And for his own paper to do that means he’s in serious trouble.

By Oblomov
Is the haunted Victorian pencil finally going to admit Bozza has done something unparliamentary? That’ll be when I start scanning the skies for airborne oinkers

By KevS
Boiler wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:20 pm
MisterMuncher wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 9:14 pm
The Mail's come out strongly against.

Wonder how the Sun is leaning?
As ever though, about another 100 miles up the A1 from Durham and...

By mattomac
Thing is you can’t have another 60k deaths and think you’ve handle this well, the polls were already heading south before all this.

And that is what will happen if we need to lockdown in a second wave, because people will no longer listen to the government. Supporters and voters are two different things, which I feel Trump will learn in November.

By Oblomov
mattomac wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 11:14 pm
Thing is you can’t have another 60k deaths and think you’ve handle this well, the polls were already heading south before all this.

And that is what will happen if we need to lockdown in a second wave, because people will no longer listen to the government. Supporters and voters are two different things, which I feel Trump will learn in November.
Is it possible that Johnson is so lazy that he can’t even be bothered to fire Cummings and look for a replacement? I see zero political capital in keeping his baldy brilliance on unless Boris is hoping that Cummings and Surkov can spin the economic numbers further down the line, which would contravene conventional predictions that Johnson had “guided” the nation through a momentous bit of history as desired and would retire early for family and health reasons etc.

Johnson’s severe character flaws and moral transgressions are well out there so I can’t think Cummings has anything on him unless it’s starting to get into Prince Andrew/Epstein territory.

By Malcolm Armsteen
Interesting that so many Tory MPs are using the same phrase on Twitter:
To residents who’ve contacted me about DC - be assured I’ve conveyed the strength of local feeling robustly to relevant colleagues. As always I will reply to every email/letter.
So presumably put out by their press office. Also, it says absolutely nothing. Please Tweet your MP and ask the follow-up question, 'What are your views? You were given a responsibility by the voters of this constituency, how are you going to discharge it?'
oboogie liked this
Richard Littlejohn

+2

The Tories, Generally

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ecd6DfrX0AE5Utj?forma[…]

Anneliese Dodds

Until the very end of my career I usually insisted[…]

Roll Call

So it seems HR have bafflingly told people they&[…]