Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 53.6 % ❤ 2 % :thumbsup: 6 % 😯 3.3 % :grinning: 28.5 % 🙏 2 % 😟 1.3 % :cry: 3.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By davidjay
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Samanfur wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:50 am
The reporter who broke that news was standing outside 10 Downing Street. You could clearly hear angry shouting in the background, so I'm wondering who's assembled at the gates.
Evil Remoaners and the biased MSM.

By Boiler
KevS wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 11:49 am
Will avoid that as televisions don't tend to fly out of windows well.
My telly has lasted thirty years. I'm not risking it either.

He'll brazen it out. Perhaps his three word message is "I'm staying put".

By KevS
I know it's the bank holiday, but the journos need to get the big hitters in for this who won't take any shit. Andrew Neill for the BBC, Boulton or Kay Burley for Sky, hell, let ITV send Morgan. And does Paxman still have an arrangement with Channel 4, although Jon Snow will do.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:11 pm
That's my new "Lower league team". :D

They've got the Internet in their trophy cupboard.
Last edited by Bones McCoy on Mon May 25, 2020 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Watchman liked this

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Isn't it time we had a downfall skit of this.
I get the feeling that might be the final straw.
Johnson, Gove, Raab, Patel remain here - everybody else get out!!!
Oblomov liked this

By Abernathy
Short of a mea culpa and immediate resignation, it's hard to anticipate what Cummings could possibly have to say this afternoon that would ameliorate the situation in any way whatsoever.

Quite baffling.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:36 am
I’d believe this if it weren’t for the fact Johnson hasn’t been particularly bothered about his attempted bedroom antics previously.

Tufton Street dogging club. - The early years.

By crabcakes_windermere
Abernathy wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:22 pm
Short of a mea culpa and immediate resignation, it's hard to anticipate what Cummings could possibly have to say this afternoon that would ameliorate the situation in any way whatsoever.

Quite baffling.
A theory. Cummings announces Johnson gave him permission. Johnson then apologises, blames being ill himself for his poor judgement, and resigns making a big fuss about falling on his sword and that Cummings is a decent man etc. Gove then “reluctantly” stands for leader and everyone is told to fall in line, Cummings retains post. Johnson gets out of doing a job he now clearly loathes into the cushy world of executive directorships and speaking engagements.

By davidjay
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:32 pm
Abernathy wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:22 pm

Quite baffling.
A theory. Cummings announces Johnson gave him permission. Johnson then apologises, blames being ill himself for his poor judgement, and resigns making a big fuss about falling on his sword and that Cummings is a decent man etc. Gove then “reluctantly” stands for leader and everyone is told to fall in line, Cummings retains post. Johnson gets out of doing a job he now clearly loathes into the cushy world of executive directorships and speaking engagements.
That would weaken the government and therefore never happen. Cummings will go on the attack, think of the poor children will get an airing, and piss on his supporters, who will then tweet that it's raining.

By Boiler
davidjay wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:35 pm
That would weaken the government and therefore never happen. Cummings will go on the attack, think of the poor children will get an airing, and piss on his supporters, who will then tweet that it's raining.
^^This.
Roll Call

I should be taking the car out for a drive, but […]

Anneliese Dodds

It's not about looking smart so much as looking […]

Rishi Sunak

It's a very, very, low bar to hurdle for him. Im[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

Mrs CW is a regular user of hospital car parks bec[…]