Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 53.6 % ❤ 2 % :thumbsup: 6 % 😯 3.3 % :grinning: 28.5 % 🙏 2 % 😟 1.3 % :cry: 3.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Oblomov
'I don't even wait to see if I'm symptomatic. And when you're Dominic Cummings, they let you do it. You can do anything. Drive across the country during a lockdown to visit your parents. Shake them by the hand. You can do anything'

By Boiler
Andy McDandy wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 2:06 pm
But yeah - I remember when he was confronted by an MP over the abuse and threats MPs were getting, and he was just standing there smugly going Just get Brexit done then", while he may as well have been saying "Wanna hit me? Want a free shot? Go on, teacher's just over there".
Occasionally your opponent doesn't give a fuck when you try that stunt.

By spoonman
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 2:06 pm
Something I've noticed about Cummings is that he's a big fan of getting close to people and winding them up, knowing that they cannot hit him, as there's generally a camera crew around. It's a bit like that over-mateyness that various far right goons started doing, all chummy and "I just wanna have a reasonable conversation", while two massive skinhead bodyguards loomed into view. But yeah - I remember when he was confronted by an MP over the abuse and threats MPs were getting, and he was just standing there smugly going Just get Brexit done then", while he may as well have been saying "Wanna hit me? Want a free shot? Go on, teacher's just over there".
In the past when working in schools, I've had quiet off-the-record words with a few cocky schoolboys displaying such attitudes, telling them that if they continue with such an attitude then sooner or later, someone will give you what you want - as well as a whole lot more that you never wanted, and not only will you regret in the future, but you'll learn a lot about yourself and your place in society very quickly.

In that sense, I'm reminded of Prescott's left jab on the election trail in 2001 - if someone twatted Cummings live on camera, they'd become a national hero.
lord_kobel, oboogie liked this

By spoonman
Boiler wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 2:34 pm
Didn't someone once try and put a mortar into the garden of Downing Street from a Transit van?
Yeah, the Provos tried that in February 1991. One mortar landed in a garden <30 metres from the cabinet meeting room where such a meting was taking place. Had the IRA scored a direct hit, there would have almost certainly have been fatilities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downing_S ... tar_attack

By spoonman
Watchman wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 2:05 pm
Why? He's not a minister, government spokesperson, he's not even an elected politician; he's an employee on the taxpayers payroll, and he's fucked up big time......any other employee would have been shown the door PDQ
But didn't the UK need to leave the EU to "take control" back from "unelected bureaucrats"?
Rishi Sunak

As suspected by many, he's on manoeuvres, isn't he[…]

Labour, Generally.

Labour MP Dawn Butler closes Willesden constituen[…]

US election 2020

This cheeky attack ad is being labelled as &lsqu[…]

Richard Littlejohn

Ooh, 'ello Stranger! As far as I can tell from An[…]