Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 47.4 % ❤ 3.5 % :thumbsup: 8.8 % 😯 3.3 % :grinning: 26.9 % 🧥 0.7 % 🙏 1.2 % 😟 4.8 % :cry: 3 % :shit: 0.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Abernathy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I think that in not sacking Cummings (with an option of bringing him back onto the govt payroll after a decent interval, while still no doubt taking his advice on an informal ad hoc basis), Johson has made a very serious error that could yet prove fatal to his premiership. He has demonstrated that he himself cannot function without his Wormtongue.

More to the point, the retention of Cummings is actively dangerous to peoples' lives, effectively, in many peoples' eyes, giving them carte blanche to act according to their own "instincts" and disregard social distancing and lockdown rules, spreading the virus and leading to a renewed spike in infections and a potential winter of mass casualties.

Politically, retaining the shamelessly arrogant Cummings, he has undermined the credibilty of his government, and certainly its moral authority, for probably the remainder of its term.

Of course, also politically, the retention of Cummings can probably only be good for a Labour Party re-born as a credible alternative government in waiting under Starmer. To quote Uncle Monty "shat on by the Tories, swept up by Labour".
mattomac, Oblomov liked this

By KevS
I've sat here listening to Iain Dale tonight. Because he's been relatively even handed over this but has said Cummings must go, the fuckloons are basically making him out to be Arthur Scargill, accusing him of not showing loyalty to Johnson.

To which he quote rightly said, why should I?

By Boiler
I'm really torn here. I so want to see the figures keep falling so that even the currently shielded can finally walk out on a summer evening again. But a bit of me also wants that second spike to come so I am able to say "See, you dozy cunts? SEE? This is fucking real and it's YOUR selfish actions that are causing it. YOU are the reason your Nan's dead, YOU. Not anyone else, YOU."
Last edited by Boiler on Mon May 25, 2020 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Malcolm Armsteen
The grand-girls came and saw us across the front garden this afternoon. I do miss them, the easy companionable lean of the little one when she comes and tells you something important she's learned, or the elder one sitting cross-legged and educating me.

I just hope the time will come...

By davidjay
KevS wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:05 pm
I've sat here listening to Iain Dale tonight. Because he's been relatively even handed over this but has said Cummings must go, the fuckloons are basically making him out to be Arthur Scargill, accusing him of not showing loyalty to Johnson.

To which he quote rightly said, why should I?
And you're surprised? if you're not totally subservient to Cummings you're guilty of treason. We called Blessed Leader's acolytes a cult, but this lot make them look positively sceptical.
By satnav
In defending Cummings yesterday Johnson claimed that his eyesight had also been affected by the Coronavirus but a journalist has dug up an article from 2014 in which Boris claimed that he was as blind as a bat and couldn't get around the house without wearing his glasses. One lie just seems to beget another lie.
Timbo liked this
Richard Littlejohn

Ooh, 'ello Stranger! As far as I can tell from An[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

I had skin in this game when I was a carer for my[…]

Matthew Goodwin

Final word on that thread never seen co-authors […]

C**t of the day

Evil Paddington rides again - worraloadacrap. ht[…]