Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 47.4 % ❤ 3.6 % :thumbsup: 8.7 % 😯 3.4 % :grinning: 27 % 🧥 0.7 % 🙏 1.1 % 😟 4.8 % :cry: 3 % :shit: 0.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By KevS
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Johnson due at the select Committee, but Tom Tugendhat and Tobias Ellwood, who supposed to have been there, have now been stopped from doing so by Bernard Jenkin.

Neither happy at all, and Ellwood convinced its because he was going to ask moderately awkward questions regarding DC.

So that's a Tory stopping two Tories from asking a question to a Tory PM.

Sounds legit.

By Oblomov
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:46 am
Man of the people. Just not the little people.

If she declines do we view it as churlish of her not to regard him as an exception?

By The Red Arrow
She hasn't declined, though - and neither has the archbishop of Canterbury should Alex fancy a change of scenery at Lambeth Palace.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/bori ... 51391.html

spoonman liked this

By Samanfur
Developing story:
No 10 says it 'had not noticed' daily testing figure has disappeared for several days in a row

No 10 says it cannot explain why the daily announcement of the number of people being tested for coronavirus has been mysteriously dropped.

Boris Johnson’s spokesman said it was “not something I have noticed” – despite the department of health and social care failing to provide the statistic for several days.

It comes after widespread criticism that the number of people tested is typically tens of thousands fewer than the “capacity” available and way below the 100,000 daily benchmark.

However, the spokesman insisted the government was on track to hit the prime minister’s promise of a testing capacity of 200,000 by this weekend – despite the latest figure being only 154,120.

Asked if the target would be hit, he replied: “Yes, that’s right. It’s in tandem with commitment to have test-and-trace scheme in place on Monday.”
oboogie liked this
Roll Call

Last week I posted that I received the most beauti[…]

Rishi Sunak

Now you mention it, I've never seen them togethe[…]

Boris Johnson

I think it's safe to say that Labour backed him fo[…]

C**t of the day

I'd say that if he keeps this up, he's going to […]