Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 52.6 % ❤ 2.6 % :thumbsup: 5.8 % 😯 3.2 % :grinning: 29.2 % 🙏 1.9 % 😟 1.3 % :cry: 3.2 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By KevS
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
We could have probably been able to "move on" on Monday if he'd have said "Look, I was worried about the kid, I didn't know what we going to do, so we went to see mum and dad. Wasn't thinking at the time, it was a dumb thing to do, I'm really sorry, but hope you can see why I did it. Shouldn't have though, must admit, and if the police want to deal with me, fair enough."

He'd have stopped it there and then. But it's the lack of contrition and apology that sticks most in the craw.

By KevS
One person who I haven't seen give any opinion on it is one Mr Nigel Farage.

Now, I think I'm right in saying that he and Cummings did not get on. If he was to throw his hat into the Dom Must Go camp, it'll be interesting to see the "It's allabout Brexit" brigade try to square that circle.

By lambswool
Membership Days
To KevS re ‘moving on’ : I so agree. What they can’t get into their thick heads is that it’s not so much Cummings’ error that’s enraged us as the concerted act of gaslighting they’ve pulled off in the aftermath. I mean, good god, they’ve even had that nice Jenny Harries joining in the deceit.

By davidjay
Oblomov wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:08 am
satnav wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:13 am
Boris is clinging on to Cummings because he knows that he can't cope without him.
I'm still trying to figure this part out, is it because Cummings has an irreplaceable skill set? Or he gels particularly well with Johnson because the latter is so lazy he's happy for the former to do all the admin and Johnson can just stroll up to a podium, kiss a few babies and walk away soaking in the adulation?
If Cummings goes, Johnson has to start doing some hard work.

And on that subject I'm now thinking the same as I did with the referendum. Fuck it. Let him stay on. You voted for this shower, you still think that an Old Etonian, a eugenist and a gaggle of spivs care about the poor but honest British working man. Damn you all. Damn you all to hell.

By crabcakes_windermere
KevS wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:34 am
We could have probably been able to "move on" on Monday if he'd have said "Look, I was worried about the kid, I didn't know what we going to do, so we went to see mum and dad. Wasn't thinking at the time, it was a dumb thing to do, I'm really sorry, but hope you can see why I did it. Shouldn't have though, must admit, and if the police want to deal with me, fair enough."

He'd have stopped it there and then. But it's the lack of contrition and apology that sticks most in the craw.
This is the one element that worries me the most. An admission of poor judgement under pressure would have done it. Or even Johnson saying there would be a review that could have kicked things out into the long grass. But instead there's this absolute insistence that no rules were broken and nothing wrong happened, coupled with the most piss-poor of excuses and a whole heap of inconsistencies. It's not a dead cat because it wasn't a news cycle of their creating and every time they insist people move on it's getting worse.

They could have killed it, but instead chose to go full sociopath - it's almost a dare: yes, I'm going to offer this obvious bullshit as an excuse - what are you going to do? Stop me?

Which to me shows that all the worst case scenarios are true - it's not a cover up or a dead cat. Cummings simply doesn't care in the slightest, and is openly taking the piss. Johnson doesn't care either, and is too lazy to do anything anyway even if he did. The cabinet are too spineless and/or too concerned with their personal ambition to lift a finger. So if they aren't stopped here, they will carry on with Dom's herd immunity experiment - which this clearly still is, then on to tax haven UK, and then on to dismantling the UKs civil service and public sector organisations until all that's left is a bunch of unaccountable figures giving contracts out to their mates.
Boiler, oboogie, lambswool and 3 others liked this

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
KevS wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:48 am
One person who I haven't seen give any opinion on it is one Mr Nigel Farage.

Now, I think I'm right in saying that he and Cummings did not get on. If he was to throw his hat into the Dom Must Go camp, it'll be interesting to see the "It's allabout Brexit" brigade try to square that circle.

By Malcolm Armsteen
I am so in love with Yvette Cooper.

She just ripped out Johnson's liver and jumped on it. He pifflewaffled so she pulled out his kidneys and spat on them, then she pissed in the resulting cavity.

Abysmal from Johnson, Cooper was mighty. The chair is a timeserving cipher.

By Abernathy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:29 pm
I am so in love with Yvette Cooper.

She just ripped out Johnson's liver and jumped on it. He pifflewaffled so she pulled out his kidneys and spat on them, then she pissed in the resulting cavity.

Abysmal from Johnson, Cooper was mighty. The chair is a timeserving cipher.
I could not have put this better better myself. Yvette can be SO good.
Meanwhile in France

Hearing about a knife attack near the former Char[…]

Boris Johnson

... has everyone given up expecting him to be co[…]

Richard Littlejohn

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-8770719[…]

That'll bring the voters back, Lexiters (as I th[…]