Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 53.6 % ❤ 2 % :thumbsup: 6 % 😯 3.3 % :grinning: 28.5 % 🙏 2 % 😟 1.3 % :cry: 3.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Government has become a laughing stock that no one trusts, that second wave could be sooner if lockdown is eased to the extent suggested. At that point it won’t be listened to, it’s obvious from the attitude of some now.

If you are a successful government you take the people with you, this lot have lost the people.
Abernathy liked this

By Oblomov
mattomac wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 11:03 pm
Government has become a laughing stock that no one trusts, that second wave could be sooner if lockdown is eased to the extent suggested. At that point it won’t be listened to, it’s obvious from the attitude of some now.

If you are a successful government you take the people with you, this lot have lost the people.
It won't matter to Cummings if he's lost the people, any disobedience on their part is just going to accomplish what he wants which is to get the economy moving again and the virus will eventually sort itself out. Fig leaf neoliberalism.

By Oblomov
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:22 am
Rumour has it that Cummings has suggested he will resign if he is still front-page news by Sunday. Once as much damage as possible has been done, of course...
How sporting of The S*n to have today's front page splash be about pubs eh?

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 9:31 pm
Anti-elitist, Danny Kruger, went to Eton and Oxford, and is the son of Prue Leith. A lot of his career seems to have been spent in Tory clique "non jobs".
Having a name that sounds like Dunning Kruger probably hasn’t occurred to Prue and Danny for reasons Dunning and Kruger could explain. And if I could afford Eton I’d be ordering my cakes from a top master baker instead of pissing about making them.
Tubby Isaacs, Oblomov liked this

Ça commence bien...

Nigel Farage

One would hope that the constabulary are obliged t[…]

US election 2020

I didn't realize that Missouri has a Medicaid Ex[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Oh the grand ole duke of York...