Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 47.7 % ❤ 6.8 % :thumbsup: 11.4 % 😯 4.5 % :grinning: 22.7 % 😟 2.3 % :cry: 4.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Inasmuch as we're past the theorising, conception, draughting, prototyping, production and release stages of my 'Are Cummings and anything he's associated with a menace to humanity?' module, I'd venture a cautious 'no'.
youngian liked this

By The Red Arrow
I reckon this one's got legs. I remember him being pissed in N.I, never saw the election night stuff - anyone recall this?
He never had it. He's an alcoholic, his dad outed him on live TV the night he won election to London Mayor, saying how proud he was of him because he hadn't had a drink for 8 weeks. I suspect alcohol was reason for his hospitalisation.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 6:29 pm
I reckon this one's got legs. I remember him being pissed in N.I, never saw the election night stuff - anyone recall this?
He never had it. He's an alcoholic, his dad outed him on live TV the night he won election to London Mayor, saying how proud he was of him because he hadn't had a drink for 8 weeks. I suspect alcohol was reason for his hospitalisation.

Sounds like nonsense but spread it anyway

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Re the track 'n' trace app.

One of the companies involved is SerCo.

Plus the Tories haven't yet mentioned which third party organisations they'll be sharing our data with.

Plus, as with all Tory government IT initiatives, it's already looking like it'll be a massive clusterfuck.

So that's a big pro-European "NON" from me.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Boiler wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:16 pm
A development on the anti-5G stick.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52810220
:lol:
The 5GBioShield was recommended by a member of Glastonbury Town Council's 5G Advisory Committee, which has called for an inquiry into 5G.
One of nine external members, Toby Hall, said: "We use this device and find it helpful," and provided a link to its website, which describes it as a USB key that "provides protection for your home and family, thanks to the wearable holographic nano-layer catalyser, which can be worn or placed near to a smartphone or any other electrical, radiation or EMF [electromagnetic field] emitting device".
"Through a process of quantum oscillation, the 5GBioShield USB key balances and re-harmonises the disturbing frequencies arising from the electric fog induced by devices, such as laptops, cordless phones, wi-fi, tablets, et cetera," it adds.

By spoonman
The Red Arrow wrote:
I recall mentioning that back in the early part of the GE campaign trail in early November...
spoonman wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:54 pm
Re: That clip of Johnson rambling - I never knew it was possible to get "tired and emotional" now at Tayto Castle (!), or did they add a pub some time after I once visited there on a day trip from school?

That glass of water's fooling no one.
...now I couldn't know if his hospital admission a few weeks back was for COVID-19 or **something else**, but his behaviour since that incident, and especially over the last three months, might be an indication of him being a high functioning alcoholic? I couldn't possibly comment any more on that.

--------
youngian wrote: :lol:
The 5GBioShield was recommended by a member of Glastonbury Town Council's 5G Advisory Committee, which has called for an inquiry into 5G.
One of nine external members, Toby Hall, said: "We use this device and find it helpful," and provided a link to its website, which describes it as a USB key that "provides protection for your home and family, thanks to the wearable holographic nano-layer catalyser, which can be worn or placed near to a smartphone or any other electrical, radiation or EMF [electromagnetic field] emitting device".
"Through a process of quantum oscillation, the 5GBioShield USB key balances and re-harmonises the disturbing frequencies arising from the electric fog induced by devices, such as laptops, cordless phones, wi-fi, tablets, et cetera," it adds.

If it hasn't got a unique patent, especially for the cost being demanded, then it's nothing more than bollocks. And use of technobabble does nothing to make the bollocks less visible. 339 smackeroonies for a placebo.

By Andy McDandy
A bit of digging shows that Glastonbury is run by Mendip district council, and then at the next level by Somerset CC. The town council is basically 16 local worthies in charge of plaques on park benches.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:33 am
A bit of digging shows that Glastonbury is run by Mendip district council, and then at the next level by Somerset CC. The town council is basically 16 local worthies in charge of plaques on park benches.
Its a bloke who runs the crystal and wind chime shop and therefore knows plenty of suckers who’d buy a 5G Bioshield.

By Andy McDandy
In Stourbridge, where I grew up, there was a town 'council' that existed, as far as I could tell, to complain about things via the local freesheet. Mainly that the town was in the West Midlands/Dudley borough, rather than in the considerably posher Worcestershire.

My dad told me that it was entirely self-selecting and had precisely zero actual power.

By Boiler
Brilliant - especially as some cars do have a chip in the tyre valve/cap that continually reports the pressure in the tyres to the car... :lol:

Mine just compares the rates of rotation of the wheels to each other to alert me of a puncture - a requirement on cars fitted with run-flat tyres (which I binned years ago).

By davidjay
youngian wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 6:33 pm
The Red Arrow wrote:

Sounds like nonsense but spread it anyway
It could have meant that he'd not drunk for eight weeks because he'd been taking something serious for once in his life so I don't think he's an alcoholic. That he was never as ill as was reported is another conspiracy entirely.
Roll Call

Greetings comrades. An improvement to the situat[…]

Boris Johnson

Pathological liar in lying shocker. https://twitt[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

That's a very sensible scheme, and I expect the[…]

Anneliese Dodds

It's not about looking smart so much as looking […]