Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 15.2 % ❤ 10 % :thumbsup: 3.4 % 😯 1.1 % :grinning: 10.3 % 🧥 0.1 % 🙏 8 % 😟 47.8 % :cry: 4.1 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Had one of my rare days in school today. Numbers are slowly rising so I had 10 of the older pupils in one room while another teacher had the younger kids a bit further down the corridor. With the year 10's back in shortly SLT want pupils to do more proper work in the morning so I had the task of getting them to work for over two hours in relative silence. Luckily I knew most of them quite well so we had no problems. The room had been set up for 10 pupils and we would have struggled to get any more pupils in with proper social distancing.

The morning seemed to go quickly but the afternoon dragged when they were just playing on games consoles and doing a bit of sport. Hopefully I should only have a couple more days to do before the end of term unless numbers really go up.

By Kreuzberger
News today from the hometown isn't good. Twats on our canal have gone global - what was I saying? The city alert level is back in the red zone. Again, utterly predictable.

Monday morning, we'll be doing the full Hamster-Shopping in full expectation of a heavy late-June lockdown.

It needn't have been like this.

By davidjay
The gout I've had for the last few days has subsided a bit, from painful to sore. I managed to drive to my mum's, do a few bits of jobs she's needed doing for ages and went to the chippy for her. Then home, and my evening constitutional was a ten minute stroll round the block rather than my last couple of hobbles to the bottom of the street. I've been watching the moon gradually coming out for the past ten days or so, perfectly framed by the houses, but tonight was cloudy, until I got almost home, when the clouds suddenly parted and there it was.
The Red Arrow, Boiler, Oblomov and 2 others liked this

By The Red Arrow
'Morning, groovers.

Tea brewed, guitars tuned, Seafire already treated with first coat of varnish. Trying hard to cut down on news intake, it'll only darken my mood on what should be a happy day. As I look southwards out of the open back door while puffing what is already my umpteenth cigarette of the day, the new-fangled digital gramophone in the corner seems to have a mood detector, Elmore James currently singing "The sky is crying, look at the tears roll down the street..."

Stay sane, stay safe my lovelies.

By Abernathy
Kreuzberger wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:45 pm
News today from the hometown isn't good. Twats on our canal have gone global - what was I saying? The city alert level is back in the red zone. Again, utterly predictable.

Monday morning, we'll be doing the full Hamster-Shopping in full expectation of a heavy late-June lockdown.

It needn't have been like this.
Can't keep track of you Kreuzberger. Home town is Luton, right ? And you're still in Berlin, right ?

Yours, confused of Birmingham.

By Oblomov
Morning Arrer, Abers, Kreuzy, comrades all.

Bit relieved to wake up to an overcast day today, I don't feel trapped as much if I don't want to enjoy the weather! Less welcome is the work to install a new terrace door and windows in the flat upstairs, so yet more banging and drilling until 5PM.

Still, there's an anchovy and olive pizza to look forward to. I'm also chairing a virtual quiz on Friday evening so if anyone has any particular questions that stick out in their memory please pass them along to me!

By Malcolm Armsteen
Abernathy wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:02 am

Can't keep track of you Kreuzberger. Home town is Luton, right ? And you're still in Berlin, right ?

Berlin
https://www.euronews.com/2020/06/02/ber ... -crowded-t

By Oblomov
Ah, Thames Water have just rolled up to pump the pipe network again because our idiot neighbour keeps dumping cooking fats down the drain...

They needed access to a drain near his rubbish storage alcove so rather than take the rubbish back inside his house, he walked it to the end of the street and dropped it by a public bin :shock:

By davidjay
Spoke too soon on the foot front, as at about 4am it exploded into the sort of pain only men can either get or understand. Luckily it's subsided a bit now.

This morning some gas work over the road that we'd not been told about until it happened led to our drive being blocked. I asked the contractors what was going on and got called a fucking cunt for my pains, amongst other things. To be continued.

By Malcolm Armsteen
davidjay wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:34 pm
Spoke too soon on the foot front, as at about 4am it exploded into the sort of pain only men can either get or understand. Luckily it's subsided a bit now.

This morning some gas work over the road that we'd not been told about until it happened led to our drive being blocked. I asked the contractors what was going on and got called a fucking cunt for my pains, amongst other things. To be continued.
What medication do you have?

By Kreuzberger
Abernathy wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:02 am

Sorry, Paisleyite buddy. Lu'on was where is was dragged up and the only element of choice was an early determination to leave. Berlin is where I chose to make my home over fifteen years ago, so that is hometown.

We are currently in Regensburg, the Kreuzette's hometown, although she was raised in Upper Bavaria which, to be frank, is lovely but lacks any breadth of choice in restaurants. Regensburg, itself, ain't too shabby - exhibits A and B from our posh hotel balcony. (We had a voucher that needed to be used.)
Attachments
dawn.jpg
dawn.jpg (42.26 KiB) Viewed 1086 times
dusk.jpg
dusk.jpg (40.77 KiB) Viewed 1086 times
Cyclist, Oblomov, Boiler and 5 others liked this
By mr angry manchester
Membership Days Posts
Got given the Altrincham, Sale and Timperley delivery route today. Thought I'd listen to a bit of Frank Sidebottom for cultural reasons :D
Oblomov, The Red Arrow, Boiler and 2 others liked this
Anneliese Dodds

It's not about looking smart so much as looking […]

Roll Call

'Morning, Mr A, howdy-diddly-doodly, groovers! Gr[…]

Rishi Sunak

It's a very, very, low bar to hurdle for him. Im[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

Mrs CW is a regular user of hospital car parks bec[…]