Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 39.7 % ❤ 2.7 % :thumbsup: 11 % :grinning: 38.4 % 😟 1.4 % :cry: 6.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Boiler
youngian wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:18 pm
I think so. The Tories have an 80 seat majority so I can't think of any cunning reasons for Rees-Mogg to exclude remote voting.
I think Arrer's hit the nail on the head: Mogg's worked out it'll be to the Tories advantage to have the braying twats on their side of the shithole distracting proceedings and disguising the filleting Johnson's routinely getting by Starmer.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
I think Arrer's hit the nail on the head: Mogg's worked out it'll be to the Tories advantage to have the braying twats on their side of the shithole distracting proceedings and disguising the filleting Johnson's routinely getting by Starmer.

That's what this is about but why deprive MPs who are not coming in anyway from remotely voting? Stupid people are often very confident as they don't do self-doubt. When confident stupid people are born to privilege they can fool people they're fit govern.
Boiler liked this

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
youngian wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:30 pm

........why deprive MPs who are not coming in anyway from remotely voting?
I wonder if Mogg's calculated that there are more opposition MPs in isolation than Tory?

By Arrowhead
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
davidjay wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:54 pm
Is there any phrase so short, that tells you so much about anyone as "ex-TA"?
Any cretin using the phrase "Professional Yorkshireman" in their bio is another one.

By The Red Arrow
This shit writes itself...
Yet which way did he vote?

That’s right, he voted with the government for the thing he called a farce?
Not a huge fan of violent upheaval but I'm starting to run out of alternatives

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
oboogie wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:11 pm
youngian wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:30 pm

........why deprive MPs who are not coming in anyway from remotely voting?
I wonder if Mogg's calculated that there are more opposition MPs in isolation than Tory?
Whether he's calculated, or been prompted by a Cummings underling, one thing is indisputable.
He has forced hundreds of people to break the Government's own rules.
If you're able to work form home, stay home.
oboogie liked this

By Andy McDandy
Public school mentality. Hidebound by arcane rules that make normal behaviour abnormal and vice versa.

"Rees-Mogg, why are you frantically masturbating in public?"

"Aaaaaah, I am not, technically, in public. According to the statute of Kidderminster, I am in fact "under the albatross", and as such, phoebastria albatrus, permitted to one off the wrist here, while you are not allowed to acknowledge me!"

"You're wanking over the speaker's chair."

"Direct challenge of another member is not allowed. You're barred from the chamber for eight quarter-days! I am allowed to do that because I am a prefect and thus allowed in the upper corridor, and to use Francois as a loo seat warmer."

"Fuck this shit."
Arrowhead, spoonman liked this

By Abernathy
Johnson is at least consistent. Rees-Mogg is probably the least suitable appointment as Leader of the House. Just as Priti Patel is the worst possible appointment as Home Secretary. Or Matt Hancock as the worst ever Health Secretary. Or...... maybe I should just stop there.
Boiler, oboogie liked this
Anneliese Dodds

Sadly, the world not being perfect, she will be he[…]

Roll Call

'Morning, Mr A, howdy-diddly-doodly, groovers! Gr[…]

Rishi Sunak

It's a very, very, low bar to hurdle for him. Im[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

Mrs CW is a regular user of hospital car parks bec[…]