:grinning: 100 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
London mayoral candidate Rory Stewart has dropped out of the race after the coronavirus crisis forced a year's delay.

The former Tory cabinet minister said it was impossible to ask unpaid campaign volunteers to work for another 12 months.

The independent candidate said it had been an "agonising decision" for him to make.

The announcement comes on the eve of what would have been polling day.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52559014

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Can't see any reason for him to have done this now it's not like the other candidates are out drawing huge crowds. Bailey remains hopeless. Extra year to build a long shot challenge is surely a good thing.

Is he about to take a job that would show him in a bad light?

By Tubby Isaacs
They're still at it, hoping people are going to forget about the Coronavirus. And Khan's doing stuff they're on record as requiring him to do, for which he can disclaim all responsibility. The only trick they're missing is calling the campaign "Kost of Khan".

The Tories trying to win London in the current climate is like Biden trying to win Wyoming.

By Arrowhead
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:58 am
His "gaffes" have been noticed.
I'm trying to think of a single Tory who could stand in London and have a genuine chance of winning next year vs Sadiq Khan. Sayeeda Warsi, perhaps?

By Tubby Isaacs
Looking at the polls (from when the election was expected in May this year, and including Rory Stewart)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Lond ... nion_polls

Khan up 49-24 on Bailey in March. Sans Stewart, I reckon Khan would be some way over 50 on the first round. By contrast, he got "only" 44.2% first round in 2016.

By Tubby Isaacs
Shaun Bailey is still bullshitting about the raise in the Congestion Charge. Having had his arse handed to him before by people pointing out that increasing the charge was a condition of the Corona loan, he's hit on a clever response- the exact price and applicable hours were TFL's choice! Take that, Sadiq! Unfortunately, somebody poses the obvious question and he disappears.

I know he's just throwing the bat here, but why does he think cheaper car driving in Central London is a political winner?
Last edited by Tubby Isaacs on Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ça commence bien...

Nigel Farage

One would hope that the constabulary are obliged t[…]

US election 2020

I didn't realize that Missouri has a Medicaid Ex[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Oh the grand ole duke of York...