Discussion of MailOnline's big traffic driver - celebrity stories
:sunglasses: 42.9 % ❤ 9.5 % :thumbsup: 28.6 % :grinning: 19 %
  •  
  •  

By lord_kobel
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
bluebellnutter wrote:So just to be clear, I really like the Harry Potter stories and recently watched both the Fantastic Beasts films and thoroughly enjoyed them.

I just want to know whether this is fine or whether I have to hand in my membership card and piss off to Stormfront or similar now.
To quote my earlier post:
lord_kobel wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:14 am
The same as happened to Card for his homophobia, Lovecraft for his racism, Dahl for his anti semitism or any other famous bigoted author, ie probably not a lot in grand scheme of things. People will probably still read them, people will call the authors out for the shitty things they said and did and probably some will do both.

By Malcolm Armsteen
I did try, but you threatened to ban me. Again.

NB - thinking you are a bit useless is not trolling, it's a judgement thing. You could solve the problem by not being a bit useless and not using your 'position' to hector and bully anyone who doesn't toe your purity line.

By lord_kobel
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:I did try, but you threatened to ban me. Again.
If that was you trying, it was a piss poor effort. Also, saying that you'd get a formal warning if you kept posting off topic insults isn't "threatening to ban you", now is it? If you noticed, your on topic post didn't get deleted.
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:NB - thinking you are a bit useless is not trolling, it's a judgement thing.
And it's on topic how exactly?

By lord_kobel
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:55 pm
The posters decide what's on topic. Not a jumped up moderator.
No, that's literally the job of a moderator.

Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:55 pm
And it's twice you've threatened to ban me. Without telling the other moderators...
Again, a warning is not a ban, now is it?
By mattomac
Sorry but I'm with Lord Kobel....

To see more than one Trans person kill themselves because of bullying she has a platform and she chose to abuse it. Maybe walking in there shoes might be an appropriate response.

So did Lloyd Russell dickchops but this isn't a question about the abuse of women vs the abuse of trans women. To go through transition so you can go and film some women in a toilet is a little baffling and I expected better from her, because frankly the accusation doesn't stand up, ancedote evidence is not evidence.

It also ignores Trans men.
lord_kobel liked this

Or listen to 't commercial wireless. Which is a sh[…]

Rishi Sunak

Everyone's easier on the eye than Gove.

Chris Grayling

A pedant writes: majority now 78, isn't it? One […]

Boris Johnson

The Mail publishing Zinoviev II in 4 -3 -2...