Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 53.4 % ❤ 3.1 % :thumbsup: 15.3 % 😯 0.8 % :grinning: 22.9 % 🧥 1.5 % 🙏 0.8 % 😟 1.5 % :cry: 0.8 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By spoonman
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
davidjay wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:42 pm
Remind me which Labour leader Nick Griffin said he could vote for...
Back in the 2017 General Election, the notorious American shitposting Neo-Nazi editor of white supremacist website The Daily Stormer, Andrew Algin (current worldwide whereabouts unknown) endorsed Jeremy Corbyn for PM. The silence from Corbynites to disassociate themselves with Algin & TDS was deafening.

So yeah, be careful chucking those stones around...
oboogie, Timbo liked this

By crabcakes_windermere
It wasn’t exactly the best piece to camera Starmer has done, but the gist of it was about defund the police being adopted by BLM in the UK and how it doesn’t really fit here because the police aren’t small private armies per city like in the US.

Farage is just shit stirring, but Starmer does need to be careful - he could be a little more committed on good causes to reassure those affected by the issues without coming over like Corbyn2.0

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:24 am
It wasn’t exactly the best piece to camera Starmer has done, but the gist of it was about defund the police being adopted by BLM in the UK and how it doesn’t really fit here because the police aren’t small private armies per city like in the US.

Farage is just shit stirring, but Starmer does need to be careful - he could be a little more committed on good causes to reassure those affected by the issues without coming over like Corbyn2.0
It does annoy the way people like that gobshite Howard Beckett have seized on the word moment to accuse Starmer of being dismissive of BLM.

By Malcolm Armsteen
I think that's Starmer being precise. There is no BLM organisation, and it is quite possible to describe it as a movement, but it is mostly the manifestation of a tipping point. A moment.
oboogie liked this
By mattomac
The shadow home secretary was better on this, it's probably the first time he hasn't been savvy but then again if people stopped making internal wars maybe we could focus on what actually matters.

Big news on the far left today....STV elections :roll: The focus to stop slates would be to ban slates.

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:45 pm
I think that's Starmer being precise. There is no BLM organisation, and it is quite possible to describe it as a movement, but it is mostly the manifestation of a tipping point. A moment.
Indeed

By Tubby Isaacs
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:29 pm

It does annoy the way people like that gobshite Howard Beckett have seized on the word moment to accuse Starmer of being dismissive of BLM.
I hadn't heard of him before till you mention him.

Does Hancock say that? I suppose he might have said it by mistake, but I've not said anybody who knows anything about anything say that opening schools "caused" it. I mean, if there's covid in the community, and kids don't seem to catch it from each other, isn't it possible the kids caught it outside, from adults?

Spoke to an old friend who is a consultant on respiratory diseases in the hospital that has had the most Covid patients in the country. She thinks schools should reopen pretty much fully, subject to distancing of staff and parents from each other. Doubtless Howie would put her right.

By Oblomov
https://www.cityam.com/johnson-is-aslee ... s-starmer/

Don't worry, Classic Dom's in the driving seat and he's just had his eyes tested...

By Tubby Isaacs
Nice unholy alliance here. Because it's not possible to support broad movements without disagreeing with an American slogan of that movement that sounds ridiculous in a UK context.

Wasn't Rachael a big Corbyn fan? Must have been appalled by those two election campaigns calling for funding increases for the Police then.
Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

https://twitter.com/DavidBennun/status/12783555909[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

The last time a plot-line gripped me like this e[…]

Roll Call

I'm not saying this year has been unusually hot, b[…]

On the Radio

Programme , please - program is what you do t[…]