Area for all other political discussion
:sunglasses: 42.4 % ❤ 3.9 % :thumbsup: 6.9 % 😯 3.9 % :grinning: 35.7 % 🧥 1.3 % 🙏 1.1 % 😟 2 % :cry: 2.2 % :shit: 0.6 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Timbo
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
Isn't the recent proposal to join the CPTPP immediately upon departure from the Single Market? There is now agreement from all 11 current signatories, so it's no more useful to compare any of them in isolation that it would be to compare a single EU member to another bloc.

By Kreuzberger
I click on David Frost and this is what Twitter's algo throws up as suggestions. Spooky.

EDIT: Sorry this is in Boschisch, I hadn't noticed. "You might also like this" and "follow" are the salient translations.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 19.26.06.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 19.26.06.png (34.86 KiB) Viewed 358 times

By The Red Arrow
No worries, the Pork Haystack has got it covered.
Similarly, Scarlett Johansson is dating me "on Australia terms"
The perpetual search for new euphemisms for “no deal” is now Britain’s leading growth industry.

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:27 pm
Tir on a toboggan!

Have a read of this.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1277 ... 6AMNFgY21A

Blame the con artists not the conned would be the right thing to say but that’s not how I feel. All the facts were out there when this family voted with all their stupidity and hubris (if they exist but its a great spoof if not).
My wife has just spoken with the lady of the couple in question. She is in tears as she has just today realised the full extent of what is going to happen. They had planned on retiring here in about five years when her husband retired but no longer. They will now have to sell
oboogie liked this

By Kreuzberger
Not for the first time today, I have been in stitches;
I again said the Mayor is not who he needs and that this is all an EU matter, I suggested he contact Ursula von der Leyen.

He asked if I have her number.
oboogie liked this

By davidjay
It's great but typical of so many things. They feel aggrieved. It's not their fault. They want compensation. They don't know who from. They don't know why. But they know they've been aggrieved. And it's somebody's fault. And somebody will pay.
oboogie, Tubby Isaacs liked this
Brexit Fuckwit Thread

The last time a plot-line gripped me like this e[…]

Roll Call

I'm not saying this year has been unusually hot, b[…]

On the Radio

Programme , please - program is what you do t[…]

C**t of the day

I see 'Rochdale' is trending. Take your pick.[…]