Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 47.1 % ❤ 3.5 % :thumbsup: 8 % 😯 3.3 % :grinning: 27.7 % 🧥 0.7 % 🙏 1.2 % 😟 5.1 % :cry: 3 % :shit: 0.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
When I was working for Warwickshire council, we'd often see cases of housing developments planned, with guaranteed X% of affordable housing to ensure that planning permission got granted. Then, lo and behold, the actual development would have none, and the fine for the developers would be so small that it was more a nuisance fee. If the development got turned down, it would be referred to Eric Pickles, who would approve it, as obviously the locals had got the wrong idea about what localism meant. This infuriated actually good-hearted Conservative councillors (who do exist) as much as it did the opposition. Locals didn't mind so much, as they saw it as keeping property prices up and the scum out.

By Boiler
Marina Hyde on Johnson's latest three-word gimmick:

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ssion=true
“We will double down on levelling up … We will invest … to fuel the animal spirits … We will not just bounce back, we will bounce forward.” Thus gibbered Boris Johnson this morning, sounding exactly like Franklin D Roosevelt shortly after the latter’s massive intracerebral haemorrhage.

By Oblomov
Johnson getting agitated under scrutiny at PMQs again, it's been bugging me for a while where I first heard his high pitched squeals of affrontery:

By youngian
Membership Days Posts
Like Corbyn, Johnson can’t get a grip and repeats his dismal performance every week. Tetchy and arrogant as ever at Keir having the temerity to question his genius.

Good news from the PM on allowing Hong Kong citizens an escape route. Its a piece of colonial paternalism that might even appeal to Farage. Or he might see a new opening to stir up anti-immigrant feeling and take a few points off the Tories.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Oblomov wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:19 am
Johnson getting agitated under scrutiny at PMQs again, it's been bugging me for a while where I first heard his high pitched squeals of affrontery:

Holy crap - questioner with the bad mullet is my mate Dave.
Boiler liked this

By davidjay
It's incredible to watch him do the same thing EVERY SINGLE WEEK.

Starmer: "When did you tell Person X...?"
Clownman: "Last week."
Starmer: "I spoke to Person X yesterday and they said you haven't told them anything."

I thought Corbyn was the world expert at blundering into traps but Johnson can give him a fifty metre start and still win a hundred metre sprint.
Last edited by davidjay on Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tubby Isaacs liked this

By Oblomov
davidjay wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:20 pm
It's incredible to watch him do the same thing EVERY SINGLE WEEK.

Starmer: "When did you tell Person X...?"
Clownman: "Last week."
Starmer: "I spoke to Person X yesterday and they said you haven't told them anything."

I thought Corbyn was the world expert at blundering into traps but Johnson can give him a fifty metre start and still win a hundred metre sprint.
Thankfully Starmer is now slipping barbs into his replies about Johnson's falsehoods and persistent inability to answer the question, which if nothing else at least gets on record that Johnson's version of events isn't being taken as gospel.

Also they seem to rile up the pork haystack into a finger jabbing, bellowing shitgibbon which is some catharsis at least :lol:

By Abernathy
Oblomov wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:23 pm

Also they seem to rile up the pork haystack
I DO like that epithet. We'll have to try and get it into popular usage.
Roll Call

Morning Munch, morning everybody. Up at 6 this mo[…]

Jeremy "Fucking off" Corbyn.

https://twitter.com/DavidBennun/status/12783555909[…]

Brexit Fuckwit Thread

The last time a plot-line gripped me like this e[…]

On the Radio

Programme , please - program is what you do t[…]