Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 59.3 % ❤ 1.6 % :thumbsup: 6.1 % 😯 1.9 % :grinning: 22.9 % 🧥 0.9 % 🙏 2.8 % 😟 1.2 % :cry: 2.3 % :shit: 0.9 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
#616249
bluebellnutter wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:42 pm
But at least Corbyn isn't a glorified graffiti criminal
That's the worst thing about Banksy. If you say you don't like him people presume that it's because you're some tedious dogsbody who can't handle graffiti. Whereas I don't like him because his art is obvious and boring and he's a pretentious, sneering wanker.
Boiler, Cyclist, Malcolm Armsteen and 2 others liked this
 
By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#616263
Was Jez a trailblazer for an earlier shutdown? I recall Rory Stewart was. I don't recall Jez.

I appreciate Twitter isn't always the place for detailed analysis, but can't he do better than that Wolfie Smith stuff? Tell me where you think the risks are.Tell me what you'd do.
 
By Andy McDandy
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#616273
I know that Francis Wheen's law of the ridiculous reverse is commonplace among many politicians, but with Jez it's all he's got. For jobs, against unemployment. For life, against death. For freedom, against oppression. Etc.
#616297
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:44 pm
bluebellnutter wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:42 pm
But at least Corbyn isn't a glorified graffiti criminal
That's the worst thing about Banksy. If you say you don't like him people presume that it's because you're some tedious dogsbody who can't handle graffiti. Whereas I don't like him because his art is obvious and boring and he's a pretentious, sneering wanker.
Fair enough. Personally I have a real problem with graffiti vandals (I refuse to call them "artists" because being an artist involves skill, not being a brain dead moron ruining someone else's property). I've seen too many heritage railways seeing historic and beautifully restored vehicles destroyed. They're basically one level up from arsonists in my book.
Boiler liked this
#616347
bluebellnutter wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:08 pm

Fair enough. Personally I have a real problem with graffiti vandals (I refuse to call them "artists" because being an artist involves skill, not being a brain dead moron ruining someone else's property). I've seen too many heritage railways seeing historic and beautifully restored vehicles destroyed. They're basically one level up from arsonists in my book.
I should probably expand - some twat scrawling his name on the side of a bus shelter or on someone's fence can fuck off. That is just vandalism. Someone who creates actual art on an underpass wall that would be grim, bare brick otherwise, I don't have an issue with.

Like most stuff, it's not as clear cut as "always bad" or "always OK". Except Banksy - he's always bad :D
Oblomov, Timbo, oboogie liked this
 
By lord_kobel
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#616430
Kreuzberger wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:07 pm
lord_kobel wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:39 pm
Kreuzberger wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:34 pm
That this has happened
Come on. It can't have taken you this long to simply log in and have a look. What's keeping you? Could it be that you don't want to admit that I was right?
Your public vendetti are done. My DMs are presently still open.
Sorry? Is that your way of admitting that you were wrong? You've very publicly claimed I've done something which you're now apparently unable to back up. At least now Timbo can see just what sort of mess he's left this place in.
By mattomac
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#616506
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:15 pm
Was Jez a trailblazer for an earlier shutdown? I recall Rory Stewart was. I don't recall Jez.

I appreciate Twitter isn't always the place for detailed analysis, but can't he do better than that Wolfie Smith stuff? Tell me where you think the risks are.Tell me what you'd do.
Best of all considering he was still leader of the opposition then...

Or the three month period when we saw no opposition.
Tubby Isaacs, youngian liked this
 
By Kreuzberger
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
#616595
lord_kobel wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:10 pm
Sorry? Is that your way of admitting that you were wrong?
Mate @lord_kobel , you lost the dressing room long ago and have been, for a long time, protected from the action which you brought upon yourself.

We have fought long and hard to make this a positive and progressive space, and we need to proceed in that direction.

Of course, you are always welcome to make positive contributions to each and every thread.
  • 1
  • 871
  • 872
  • 873
  • 874
  • 875
  • 883
The Tories, Generally

Everyone to blame but themselves... https://twitt[…]

Richard Littlejohn

The Mail line is to be against WFH not just becaus[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

Its almost as though they dont know what pragmat[…]

Roll Call

The sting is better (thank you all soooo much for […]