Topics about the Labour Party
:sunglasses: 52.3 % ❤ 2.6 % :thumbsup: 17.9 % 😯 0.7 % :grinning: 22.5 % 🧥 1.3 % 🙏 0.7 % 😟 1.3 % :cry: 0.7 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By The Weeping Angel
Membership Days Posts
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:01 pm
Nice unholy alliance here. Because it's not possible to support broad movements without disagreeing with an American slogan of that movement that sounds ridiculous in a UK context.

Wasn't Rachael a big Corbyn fan? Must have been appalled by those two election campaigns calling for funding increases for the Police then.
She was she's also a grifter as well. One of the nastiest vilest people on twitter which when you think about is saying something.

By Oblomov
Weeks of Johnson losing his cool at the despatch box makes a comparison to The Hulk seem more apt, I wonder if anyone's made that before?

Oh...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... lf-to-hulk

By crabcakes_windermere
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
The Weeping Angel wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:58 pm
She was she's also a grifter as well. One of the nastiest vilest people on twitter which when you think about is saying something.
She is also a he, because it's her husband who took on her account and posts after he was banned from Twitter for being an absolute roaster. Prior to his account being banned, her account was just a load of non-political stuff, then BY AMAZING COINCIDENCE it changed overnight when he could no longer post under his own name.

By Tubby Isaacs
Schools 'not significant drivers of transmission' for coronavirus, says Scottish government report
Schools are “not significant drivers of transmission” for coronavirus, according to a report (pdf) published today by the Scottish government’s Covid-19 advisory group.
See also the Netherlands.

So if Long-Bailey wanted to go out on a limb against schools reopening, can we not agree that this would have been a very bad call, and the Tories could have basically done anything because "you lot just Cry Wolf"?

By Tubby Isaacs
Starmer's getting a bit of stick for not supporting the renewal of the furlough scheme. I'm not sure all the critics realise it runs to October. I think that's time to get some other policy together by then- more sectoral, maybe?

You're going to get to a stage with furlough payments that you're supporting jobs that have already gone, while there's stuff that would be viable (like lots of the arts sector) that is going under. None of this is easy, of course.

By KevS
Boiler wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:27 am
You sure about that?

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/new ... interview/
All I can think of after reading that is...

By mattomac
Nasty antisemite she is.

Whatever Starmer said, and I said it was his first slight fuck up in choice of words, it was framed better after by the shadow Home Secretary.

Regardless it’s better than the shit we’ve had from Johnson and his cabinet which has consisted of “isn’t it from game of thrones”, “only for the Queen and the missus” and best of all “we have the diversity of thought in the Cabinet” after Hancock attempted to put all BAME people under the term black, maybe Clevery should shut the fuck up because he has openly backed a racist who is now PM.
By Dan
Membership Days Membership Days
I don't think it's good he apologized.

What I hope he'll do is tell the woke mob, the language police to properly fuck off with their culture war identity bullshit, pay no attention to SJW screams to do this, that and the other and reiterate 100% that while in support of the concept of black lives matter, being absolutely against and appalled by police brutality and police disproportionately and unfairly targeting black people, he is completely against the anti capitalism, defunding and abolishing the police which is childish, temper-tantrum bullshit by those who have subverted the original BLM movement. These people continue coming out with childish ideas, they will be treated like children.

His opposition of the Tories has actually been good and just on that, he'll give Labour a fighting chance, only providing he stops pandering to these cretins.

By Samanfur
The party leader told the show that he now plans to complete an unconscious bias training course, aimed at combatting ingrained stereotypes, which will also be undertaken by all Labour staff.

"In the Labour Party we are introducing [training] for all of our staff and I am going to lead from the top on this and do that training first," he said.

"We took a decision to introduce it across the Labour Party and I think that's the right thing to do and I think I should lead by example by doing it first."

Sir Keir said he planned to do the two-to-three-hour course "as soon as I can book in for it".

"I think everybody should have unconscious bias training, I think it is important," he added.
The headline is missing the fact that it's the whole of the party staff, but it's a start. Unconscious bias training was discussed in the protected characteristics panels at last year's party conference, and at least it looks as though somebody took notes.
Dan liked this
The Trump Presidency

https://twitter.com/neal_katyal/status/12903299935[…]

Roll Call

What a lovely name. I hope she wears it in happine[…]

Anti-Semitism and the Labour party

And of course Matt Zerb-Cousin in joining in - […]

Boris Johnson

https://twitter.com/Otto_English/status/1290407682[…]