For all other Mail-related topics
:sunglasses: 55.2 % ❤ 6 % :thumbsup: 3 % 😯 11.9 % :grinning: 10.4 % 😟 1.5 % :cry: 10.4 % :shit: 1.5 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
By karlt
Membership Days
Zuriblue wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:21 am
Boiler wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:23 am
Pretty much most of the commenters in the SYB attached to this;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53215411

Mostly snobbery and fat-shaming.
Fuck my boots that was grim.
It's depressing. It's like they look for things to feel superior to.

I cook nearly every day. Mostly from scratch. But these small-minded cunts would still feel the need to sneer when a Friday comes around when I say "fuck it, we're getting a pizza in".

Why? What fucked up psychological need does this satisfy?

By Zuriblue
Membership Days Posts
The Red Arrow wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:17 am
I see 'Rochdale' is trending. Take your pick.
Boiler, Cyclist, spoonman and 1 others liked this

By The Red Arrow
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
We might have a winner. I know, it's only 3:15.

I thought Otto might be paraphrasing, but no. And if he's as the brilliant, insightful academic he wants you all to think he is (I don't rate him), he knows exactly what he's doing here.

By Andy McDandy
David "The white kids have started acting black" Starkey.
Slavery was not genocide, otherwise there wouldn't be so many damn blacks in Africa or in Britain, would there?
Darren Grimes was interviewing him on "Reasoned" or whatever. This is getting a lot of attention, might see both of them looking for real work.

By Cyclist
Membership Days Posts
Starkey's argument would only hold water if the entire black population of Africa had been transported overseas, and the "survivors" had managed to return there after slavery was ended.

The man is a disgusting and contemptible cunt.
spoonman, Oblomov liked this

By Oblomov
You'd think after his QT scandal in 2011 he might choose to be more careful with the language he uses but he seems to have not only jumped on the rabid "you can't even sing baa baa black sheep anymore!" train but he's immediately sought out the ticket inspector to upgrade to first class.
Watchman liked this

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Andy McDandy wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:18 pm
David "The white kids have started acting black" Starkey.
Slavery was not genocide, otherwise there wouldn't be so many damn blacks in Africa or in Britain, would there?
Darren Grimes was interviewing him on "Reasoned" or whatever. This is getting a lot of attention, might see both of them looking for real work.
Starkey's a clever bloke, but has found out that controversy pays the bills far better than proper work.
Much of the blame lies with Television stations looking for a "Character" who will bring "Balance".

By The Red Arrow
A footnote in the history department...

David Starkey resigns from university role over slavery comments

Fitzwilliam College, at Cambridge University, has announced it has "accepted the resignation of historian David Starkey from his honorary fellowship with immediate effect".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53279273
The Tories, Generally

Everyone to blame but themselves... https://twitt[…]

Richard Littlejohn

The Mail line is to be against WFH not just becaus[…]

Sir Keir Starmer

Its almost as though they dont know what pragmat[…]

Roll Call

The sting is better (thank you all soooo much for […]