Discussion of the UK Government
:sunglasses: 48 % ❤ 3.2 % :thumbsup: 9.4 % 😯 3.4 % :grinning: 26.2 % 🧥 0.7 % 🙏 1 % 😟 4.7 % :cry: 2.9 % :shit: 0.3 %
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By oboogie
Membership Days Posts
crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:46 am
In all these "Wahey! Up the lads, get down the boozer!" performances, you can almost see Cummings chuckling away at all the lovely data on herd immunity he's going to get, thinking how very, very clever he is and with absolute contempt and loathing for everyone he's going to end up killing off just to test his pet theory.
Attachments
Pepys Pubs.jpg
Pepys Pubs.jpg (56.64 KiB) Viewed 439 times
By satnav
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
When you see him trudge away from the lectern at the end of the Downing Street briefing you get the impression that he's a man who isn't really enjoying his job. With few chinks of sunshine on the horizon in the next couple of years you do have to wonder how long he will be prepared to carry on floundering at briefings and PMQs.

By Tubby Isaacs
Membership Days Membership Days Posts
I think that might be true. And plenty won't go because they think it's too risky.

I think too that lots might stay away because it, well, doesn't sound like all that much fun. It reminds me of what Oldham Council did to try and control binge drinking.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/panorama/hi/front ... 190805.stm

I'm more worried about gatherings at home with no distancing at all.

By Boiler
The Red Arrow wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:21 pm
Yup. See Rees-Mogg's on the pulse statement about yards of ale.
I've only ever seen yards (and half-yards) of ale in English-themed pubs in Atlanta back in the 90s - but never once in the UK. There you'd often see them with wooden stands to keep them by your chair - and at one pub in Buckhead I think they thought electricity had still to reach Merrie England, so dimly was it lit.

By Bones McCoy
Membership Days Posts
Some bellend on a radio Vox Pop "Looking forward to his first pint in 100 days".

Me:

Stroll downstairs.
Select bottle form cupboard.
Remove lid.
Pour into pint glass.
First pint in three days.
Boiler, Cyclist, Watchman and 2 others liked this
The Tories, Generally

Everyone to blame but themselves... https://twitt[…]

Richard Littlejohn

The Mail line is to be against WFH not just becaus[…]

Sir Keir Starmer